the Rift

[OPEN] Once Upon a Time...{Storytelling Competition}

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

The young Seer is not disappointed. From the orchards of the island emerge two figures: one familiar, and one new. To the filly, she offers a gentle smile. To the winged stallion….Nasreen’s voice falters a bit as she sees Bucephalus coming, and if her kind could blush, her cheeks would be a rosy pink indeed. She has the sudden urge to run (towards him or away from him, she doesn’t know), but remembering herself, she merely closes her eyes and continues on until the tale is done.

To her surprise (and admittedly, delight), Bucephalus has a tale of his own to tell. She listens with rapt attention as he narrates a tale of bravery and deceit…and of love, she thinks, with an inexplicable flutter in her chest. This does not go unnoticed by the princess, but she brushes it away promptly. Distracting though the storyteller may be, love stories have always been her favorites, and she commits herself to remembering every turn of the plot. She wants to be able to tell it later, after all. Love stories lift hearts—what good will it do her if she knows every chisel of his face by the time the tale is done, but nothing of the story itself?

When he has finished, Nasreen sighs in contentment, tucking the words away in her mind for later. It is a good story, she thinks, and one she hasn’t heard before. The style is a little different from the traditional Th’orquian accounts, perhaps, but it was beautiful nevertheless. She opens her mouth to thank him, but the filly has a tale of her own to tell, it seems.

The young girl’s story is also one of love, but it holds something far more interesting to Nasreen. Ears prick in wonder as the filly speaks of a woman-king—a queen, it seems, but nothing like Nasreen knows one to be. Foreign as the concept may be, it appeals to her…and this idea too, she plants in her brain alongside Bucephalus’ tale of romanticism.

“Thank you both,” she murmurs when the girl is done. “They are beautiful stories—gifts. in fact. I…I’d like to offer you something in return, as a small token of my thanks.”

Congratulations! Both of you have received a medium item from Nasreen, crafted from glass. Please post below with what you would like from her, and she’ll craft it in my next reply.

As for the art, congrats to Tribs! You won a headshot for one of your characters here. Let me know who you would like, and I’ll add it to my to do list (:

@[Bucephalus] @[Arya]

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
[/quote]
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Once Upon a Time...{Storytelling Competition} - by Nasreen - 12-31-2014, 06:23 PM