the Rift

[OPEN] Take Me Home [Throat]

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
Trouble just grew wings...

You knew this land was strange before, but you never guessed how strange until today. In a few simple phrases, Ranjiri offers more information to you than you have been able to gather during the span of nearly three seasons since your arrival. There are lands? They have gods? You yourself have never considered the existence of gods so concrete and specific; only the whims of the ever-elusive and abstract Lady Luck have guided your wanderings—more mere superstition than faith. Without intending to, you snort softly in surprise, and mousy gray ears tilt toward the girl with new interest. What are these tales she tells?

Your attention only sharpens when Ranjiri answers your query with surprising accuracy, given the vague nature of your question. “I haven’t noticed anyone besides Gaucho and I that have horns…” she replies, and you feel your heart begin to rise like a warm sun in the chest that has laid dark and still for so long. Hope lingers on the horizon, tentative at first, but growing stronger as your excitement builds with every word she speaks. Are your winged brothers well? Do they thrive in this Throat place? Memories shift and stir, and you feel yourself suddenly tremble with unexpected emotion.

And then, betrayal. With a single admittance, the stranger shatters it all. “…my son does, but he is a unicorn,” she finishes, shifting her gaze to Gaucho to answer his question in turn. But you do not hear his response, nor anything else he may say or ask you—it is all lost upon you in the pure horror and loathing that flood your heart in that moment. Perhaps it would not have been so bad if you hadn’t been caught at your weakest, reminded of those you had loved once…and of their killers in the same breath; perhaps if the timing had been different, you still would have hated her for it but wouldn’t have taken it so personally…but the damage is done. She has mothered one of them.

Your face contorts in pain and rage, and every feather on your body stands on end as you back away. “How could you!” you hiss, voice low, choking on the breath that burns so hot in constricted lungs. The same wings that were just beginning to remind you of your mothers’ keep you from rushing at her, but to know that they cradle an infant murderer…you cannot stay here; you cannot trust these Throat-creatures, not with their horned heads and horned children.

And so you flee from your pain, flee from your betrayer, just as you did from your home only three seasons ago, launching yourself into the sky and hating yourself for the salty liquid that courses down your face as you fly across the sea…because it isn’t ocean spray.

OOC: So Gull basically couldn’t handle that and took off because he has issues that he hasn’t dealt with as of yet. I apologize—I wanted him to go to the Throat, I really did, but I couldn’t force him into it.

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
Take Me Home [Throat] - by Gull - 11-30-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Take Me Home [Throat] - by Gaucho - 12-01-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: Take Me Home [Throat] - by Gull - 12-01-2014, 07:32 PM
RE: Take Me Home [Throat] - by Gull - 12-03-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: Take Me Home [Throat] - by Gull - 12-16-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: Take Me Home [Throat] - by Gull - 01-05-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: Take Me Home [Throat] - by Ranjiri - 12-01-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: Take Me Home [Throat] - by Gaucho - 12-03-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: Take Me Home [Throat] - by Ranjiri - 12-05-2014, 05:37 PM
RE: Take Me Home [Throat] - by Gaucho - 12-08-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Take Me Home [Throat] - by Ranjiri - 12-23-2014, 10:02 PM