the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome to the Jungle [Welcoming]

Ayleid Posts: 8
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 3 years
Adoptable

Lots of time seemed to go by as Rhea and I traveled to this so called Basin. I didn't know what to expect of this place, but needless my mind ran rampant. Aurora Basin...did the land glow vibrant colors at all? Was there a nightly display in the night sky of an Aurora Borealis? Were there lots of plants for me to collect and use readily to study and help others? And – this one was my biggest question- what were the other herd members like? Were they nice, mean, equines, pegasi, unicorns? Or was there simply a mixture of all of those there? Only time would tell.

I listened to Rhea babble on about what all she had learned so far about Helovia, but I couldn't really put all that much together between concentrating on the path before me in the deeper snow and catching my breath. The air seemed colder than when we first set out from the Threshold and the snow was definitely deeper. Was the Basin colder in climate than everywhere else? Honestly, I didn't care which way or the other but hopefully there would at least be some plant life besides pine trees and grass. Or maybe perhaps a greenhouse of some sort! There were some herds that had some of those in Cimoron...perhaps this place would have one too.

Then finally our traveling came to a halt and Rhea motioned ahead. I listened as she said that we had arrived and how it might not look like much now, but there was life beneath the snow. Since I was a few feet behind her, I couldn't really see all that much so I took a few steps forward and looked to where she motioned.

White. The Basin was so...white. There was very little green from trees and definitely no glowing or colorful parts to it. At least not right now. I cursed the winter weather under my breath, blaming it for hiding most of the Basin from my eyes and then wished for the snow to melt. Though, as I looked closer I did notice that there was probably a body of water of some sort and there seemed to be some form of vapor rising in the distance. Something was here, the snow was just hiding most of it. At least this herd seemed safe. Surrounded by mountains with only this small path to the herd itself. And what was that not far off in the distance? Light bounced off of some sort of metallic structure and...looked like a horse? What in the world?

“It's...,” I began hesitantly, “It's not exactly as I had imagined.”

I looked to Rhea questioningly - wondering if she had somehow gotten us lost – but she seemed confident of our location. She even went on to say that we were going to meet someone she regarded to as Lady Ophelia and that she would be able to point me in the direction of the one in charge of the healers. A smile formed upon my lips as I looked back down to the Basin that laid before us. This Lady Ophelia I would guess was one of the leaders of this herd, “I can't wait to meet her then,” I spoke while my smile turned into a grin. My previous grief turned into happiness and my happiness turned into a giddy anxiousness.

“So,” I turned back to Rhea with some excitement now in my voice, “What is the Basin like exactly?”

"Ayleid's speech"|"Ayleid's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 586
TAGGED;; @[Rhea] @[Ophelia]
OOC;; I'm actually kinda excited about this now xD

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!
AYLEID'S VOICE;; Miranda Otto

Messages In This Thread
Welcome to the Jungle [Welcoming] - by Rhea - 11-30-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Welcome to the Jungle [Welcoming] - by Ayleid - 11-30-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: Welcome to the Jungle [Welcoming] - by Rhea - 12-01-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Welcome to the Jungle [Welcoming] - by Ayleid - 12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Welcome to the Jungle [Welcoming] - by Rhea - 12-08-2014, 11:38 PM