the Rift

of black wings in the cold

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Grounded

Birdsong was apparently upon the land, but Torleik saw little sign of it in the Basin. Then again, his resident herdland always did take longer to thaw out - it was what reminded him of his home. His resident herdland was also still settling in after a change in leadership once more, and though the Bloodskald approved of this particular shift in power, he was still...unbalanced by it. The God of Time had swept in like he'd always been there and announced Ophelia the Lady of the Basin, making sharp quips and barbed observations as he supposed all the deities were apt to do.

As tough and hardy as he was, Torleik was not a stone on the inside. He felt more like one of these trees he was wandering amongst, root system torn asunder and hastily replanted, struggling to find hold, find life. And with each new Helovian he met, some left their mark on the surface, some bit deep, drawing out the sap, scarring the tough exterior where they had broken through. Perhaps that was why he wandered alone today; alone as he could be, at least. Irelyn flitted from tree to tree, small pulses of anxiety radiating through their bond from her tiny end.

Guilt scratched at the soft exterior of his soul, leaving claw marks and marring the surface. Glacial eyes glanced up at the boughs of the trees, seeing his little owl griffin up high and gracefully moving from limb to limb. Everything was in upheaval, it seemed.

'Unicorn!' came the sudden and jarring telepathic exclamation and Torleik's skin twitched in surprise, drawing his head up sharply to gaze around. Not that it would much help; Irelyn's owl-eyes could see for...gods knew how far in comparison to his primitive vision.

'Guide me,' he requested, following the path she laid out by silently moving from tree to tree in the quickly evolving dusk. It never ceased to fascinate Torleik how much of a predator Irelyn was, how she moved without sound and with such grace. Time oozed by slowly as he walked, wondering how far away this unicorn was - and who it was, at that.

'Trees, in shadow. Ahead.' His bonded paused in a tree some distance away from this spotted mark, in the proper line of sight for Torleik to see them himself. The Bloodskald made out a vague shape, curious that someone was trying so intensely to hide.

"If I can see you, I am certain you can already see me," the stallion called out. "What is it you are hiding from, vinr?"

"talk talk talk"

@[Dovahkiin]

OOC: Vinr means "friend." Torleik is using it loosely and in his own language since he doesn't know if Dovah is friend or foe.

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
of black wings in the cold - by Dovahkiin - 12-01-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: of black wings in the cold - by Torleik - 12-02-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: of black wings in the cold - by Ghost - 12-02-2014, 12:41 PM
RE: of black wings in the cold - by Dovahkiin - 12-08-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: of black wings in the cold - by Ghost - 12-15-2014, 07:02 AM
RE: of black wings in the cold - by Torleik - 12-19-2014, 12:17 AM