the Rift

[PRIVATE] your words in my head, knives to my heart

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
@[Adelric]

It's times like these that I wonder if it's all worth it in the end.

My legs had dragged me here. I could here the crook in the distance, but I didn't bother to look for it. The sky was grey with clouds and a cold wind flew through the air. Some snow had melted, making everything muddy and wet. My legs were thoroughly caked with brown mud. Yet still, even with layer after layer of mud, the pointy burrs managed to stick to my legs and the tip of my tail. I halted abruptly. My orbs glanced around. I seemed alone for the most part, yet my check of the surroundings hadn't been so thorough. I'd only come to think, so wasn't sure how I would feel about having company. Would anyone even approach me? I am mere mare, both unloved and unwanted.

I breath deeply, my already protruding ribs protrude further as my flanks swell from the inhale. I let my wings dangle at my sides, they have also succumbed to the horror of the mud. My muzzle sunk to the ground, where sniffed. The grass had been covered over and I realized just how hungry I was. I dug at the ground with a hard forehoof. To my luck, there were a few mud-covered blades that I managed to chew and swallow. This would only cease the rumbling of my empty stomach for a few minutes. I let out a defeated half laugh-half sigh. This would fill my empty stomach, but not my empty heart and would certainly not reassure myself that I wasn't just piece of paper in the garbage. I was clearly not lost, physically, but mentally I wandered a maze that would never end. Each twist ad turn led me to a new danger, one that I could overcome, but I could never overcome the maze. In some weird way, I was the prisoner and the guard.

I began walking, the sound of the creek lulling me closer. Water, it was the one thing I used to fear. Yet now, I thought of it as one of the ways out of my maze. It was sad I thought of death as the only way out. Because it wasn't. Death was never the way out but at the time, it seemed so perfect. The only thing that kept me from plunging my head underwater and drowning was Destry. I sought to find her, rekindle, love her to the ends of the world. Did she feel the same?

"blah blah blah."

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
your words in my head, knives to my heart - by Aurelia - 12-02-2014, 12:44 AM