the Rift

[OPEN] A saccarine hello
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had not lied when she said the journey to the Basin was long. But, fortunately for Sekhmet, this creature with a flawless, eidetic memory knew the land with perfect intimacy. Her route was shorter, cutting through the edges of the Hidden Falls. The cascading elms of the threshold fell away to the crash of water falls in the distance, and they moved by without hesitation. "The Hidden Falls is there," she said, indicating with a gesture of her mousey muzzle.

Evenings called for rest, sleeping comfortably beneath a blanket of stars. Over the days, the seasons changed subtly, birds calling as they pushed northward. Winds warmed, and Ophelia called her north. A tundra, vast and empty they traversed, nose pointed for the mountains. Days passed until the narrow, hidden entrance to the Aurora Basin was before them, and Ophelia smiled. "Welcome home," she said.

The Forsaken loped up the narrow path and past the two, massive metal robotic creatures that guarded the entrance. Like statues, they stayed still, recognizing their new queen and ignoring her guest. "An Engineer in our ranks created these to protect us from the outside," she said. "I have heard them make a siren noise once, but otherwise, they stand guard."

Ophelia lead her finally to the Basin, surrounded by vast mountains on all sides save for the narrow entrance. Spring had already started here, the snow melting as various grasses grew thickly on the ground. Beautiful mountain firs towered to the sky, and the unfrozen lake sparkled in the daylight. "The caves are around the edges - you may choose any empty one to be your own." A bird and a butterfly chased each other nearby, and Tinek landed, the silver dragon bounding for the lake the fish.

@[Sekhmet]
Her first, then others!

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
A saccarine hello - by Ophelia - 12-02-2014, 01:11 PM
RE: A saccarine hello - by Sekhmet - 12-02-2014, 03:55 PM
RE: A saccarine hello - by Torleik - 12-02-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: A saccarine hello - by Ophelia - 12-03-2014, 02:03 AM
RE: A saccarine hello - by Sekhmet - 12-03-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: A saccarine hello - by Ophelia - 12-21-2014, 09:58 PM