the Rift

[JUDGED] Birdsong battles [open training spar]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

[[Setting: The SKY ISLAND at the beginning of BIRDSONG. The air is just starting to warm up, and it is midday with the sun in the 12 position. Since there is no snow, the ground is just the sand in the battle arena in the center of the tent set up and all that.

Type: Open training spar! (I analyze your posts and give you tips and pointers)
Time-limit: no extensions, would prefer a quick spar!
Notes: I would really prefer someone close to Phi's HP/VP level!

Ophelia had taken a brief respite since her initial battle with Elsa. The fight had been interesting to say the least, and she was learning how to rely on her magic to become invisible. Conveniently, the powers seemed to be working. Taking out the specific chunk of memory she needed, at the exact right moment, took time and effort, and she needed the practice to sufficiently augment her battle skills. The murder of her mother still lingered in her mind, pushing her advance into the arena again. Now, she had more to consider than her own safety. If the herd needed her? If she needed to fight to protect one of the Basin citizens?

She had to be ready.

The pale princess took the familiar route to the center of the sandy ring again, her gait still ethereal and infused with confidence. Though her heart, frozen, was still aching with doubts and pain, she had won. Ophelia knew that in time, she could do so again. Strange, two-toned eyes noted the shift in the wind, the southerly thermals pushing the northern gusts. White hairs fell from her sides as the warm weather indicated shedding season. She shook, sending a cascade of alabaster hairs to the wind like a dandelion.

A bright sun had already risen, finding its apex in the deep blue sky, and her doubts and troubles melted away with the closing of her eyes. Today was not about fear, not about destruction, not about her mother or Torleik. Today was, for the first time, just about her and her skills. She would cast aside the anxiety of previous battles and concentrate on the present. The layer of ice guarding her damaged heart would hold, and she would rise to any challenge again.

So, she stood, waiting for a challenger. Waiting to test her skill.

[[[0/3]]]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Birdsong battles [open training spar] - by Ophelia - 12-02-2014, 01:33 PM