the Rift

Writing Improvement
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
I just.. write. I've gone from writing solid 3 paragraph posts to something that just feels like a very long, unstructured ramble. I'm a bit too tired to say something useful but my main tips is actually this: just write. Don't try to make a style, or have a style, or try to craft artful sentences. Just write. You can practice it on about anything, just writing, finding a flow, some way to give it structure without hamstringing it- and once you find that flow, you can tap into thoughts, memories, reactions and emotions. But I think that if you think too much, try too hard, it will only become more difficult.
Though of course when you've written "path" 45 times in the same post, thesaurus is incredibly helpful. I use it a lot if I need a synonym or a better word/I've forgotten the word but I know what it means so I go synonym hunting.

Anyway. We all write differently- some are a lot more "scientific" about it, and I'm more intuitive. I just write, and I have a very hard time editing what I have written post-writing, because it seriously mauls the flow I have. So it's also about finding what way works the best for you, but in my opinion, the harder you try the worse it actually gets... But maybe that's just me.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Writing Improvement - by Niskaru - 12-02-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: Writing Improvement - by Ophelia - 12-02-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Writing Improvement - by Niskaru - 12-02-2014, 02:48 PM
RE: Writing Improvement - by Mauja - 12-02-2014, 03:18 PM
RE: Writing Improvement - by Arya - 12-02-2014, 04:45 PM