the Rift

[OPEN] the edge games, an invitation

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

Ampere and Sikeax were who I had been paired with to patrol the Meadow, my wings tucked at my sides as we left the Throat, my eyes drifting back to the Throat growing fainter on the horizon and the thought that Aurelia was likely there awaiting my return. Oh Aurelia, how I already miss you and the thought of our little family. A stubborn huff escapes my lips as I trudge behind the two mares, focusing on the wingless champagne shoulders of Sikeax. It would have been far more convenient had she wings to fly with, but I suppose I couldn't just fly off without them as I would have done if this weren't a patrol.

Ampere rises to the skies and asks Sikeax to cover the ground, her wings opening to carry her away within the breeze. Guiltily looking towards Sikeax, I offer a sympathetic smile. I didn't want to leave her there on the ground without us, but I wanted to stretch my wings and make up for the time I could've spent flying on the way here. "Sorry," I murmur, hooves jumping forward to light up red sparks erratically jumping through the air as I collect speed, bringing myself into the sky to tag along behind Ampere. I had never really talked to either of them, only given brief and curt nods when I passed by them, as I do most everyone in the Throat. One would probably consider me antisocial or narcissistic for never really bothering to talk to anyone. It's just I'm afraid to introduce myself and be rejected, because how stressful would it be to just say hi to someone and have them immediately decide you're not worth talking to?

Shaking my head I push myself forward, hearing Sikeax's call from below. My body shifts, weight distributed to the left so that I can circle back and see what Sikeax needed. Ampere was already closing in on the ground, with me following as she lands, my hooves colliding with the earth but a handful of strides behind her. My body leans forward as I teeter on my forelegs, putting my right foot forward as my hindlegs pursue. Trotting closer to my gathered herdmates, I perk my ears in interest as they discuss a glass fragment laid out before them. I pull in beside Sikeax, bending my head down to examine it further. "I'm not one for reading myself," I trying to find a meaning behind the glass piece, why was it here? And why had it also been found in the Throat? Who's been leaving these everywhere and why? "There must be some reason for these to appear here and in the Throat. A reason of some importance." I mumble, brows narrowed towards the shimmering object.

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: -
word count: 466

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
the edge games, an invitation - by Kahlua - 12-02-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: the edge games, an invitation - by Ampere - 12-19-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: the edge games, an invitation - by Sikeax - 12-26-2014, 01:23 PM
RE: the edge games, an invitation - by Ampere - 01-04-2015, 11:02 PM
RE: the edge games, an invitation - by Destry - 01-05-2015, 09:59 PM