the Rift

[PRIVATE] Cabin in the woods (closed)

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

It was true Africa supposed. Silas was rarely wrong.

The mottled, one-winged mare considered her shrewd companion’s unexpected logic with a dipped chin and gentle sigh of resignation – perhaps though, she did not entirely appreciate its depth. She stilled; trembling dappled coat no longer flinched so furiously and panting breath slowed and steadied. Ordinarily the fickle grey might have sought to ease her tumultuous mind by ripping away feathers from her skin - refuge in pain, a measure of control, punishment and pure habit. For the second time in as many hours though she refrained (not that many quills remained to pull), and carefully, decisively, she shunned the scrambled, snarling thoughts in exchange for reality. Things were not as terrible as insecurity should have liked her to believe...

Others had worried for her safety, and never had that been her intention.

“Midas, I’m so sorry for worrying you.” Africa offered the tardy apology earnestly and fought back the rush of burning regret as it prickled all over her pale face. “I’d not heard rumour of such an awful crime or I would’ve made my whereabouts known to you. I just needed a break from my life and word of Gaucho’s return was too timely to ignore. Everyone expects something, everything... you know?” She paused, considering the words which would follow, but failing her desert family was probably public knowledge by now regardless; any fool could see that she, the Starry-Eyed, had not broad enough shoulders or brave enough resolve to bear the weight of a herd so glorious as Dragon’s Throat. “I... I felt trapped,” she continued, referring gently and modestly to the stallion that she had left behind. “... I don’t like to feel pressured, smothered...

That doesn’t feel right.”

Love. It was supposed to grow beyond infatuation and not wither instead, right? Ears switched uncertainly.

“Do you think wraiths have returned?” She asked Midas quickly; memory of half decayed, hungering monsters was yet to fade, and her wasted frame shrank warily back from the doorway. Wraiths stepped with supernatural speed and mindboggling agility - enough of both even to slip like only a whisper could through the gap above. She didn’t ask if Seele’s loss was a part of this crime for fear of wounding Midas any more – she couldn’t help but wonder though. “I’m so glad... that you’re alright too.”

Image | Table by Silk

Messages In This Thread
Cabin in the woods (closed) - by Midas - 12-03-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-04-2014, 05:59 AM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Midas - 12-04-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-04-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Midas - 12-04-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-05-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Midas - 12-05-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-06-2014, 02:27 AM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Midas - 12-06-2014, 08:52 AM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-06-2014, 09:53 PM