the Rift

[PRIVATE] Cabin in the woods (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Source+Sans+Pro:300' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
A gentle smile is coaxed when those soft looking pools peer up, expectantly, curious and waiting. There was only a little left to tell, so I finish my tale.

Soon after arriving, our serpent friend Enyo, departed. She returned to the sea, as we watched on. All hearts racing, all eyes are shining, wide and childish with delight and awestruck fascination. We stood by, watching with dying hope that she'd emerge from the rippling blue.

While we are captivated by our departed audience. Magic is at work and magic, as all things in this fate driven world, has a special manner by which it grows. Just as a spark ignites dry grass on Tallsun, so did I ignite. The metallic looking koi seeps its powers into the wind, vanished from sight; becoming one with the sand and dust. Gilded scales catch a strong breeze and strikes my breast with surprising strength of enough force to send a held gust of air from my lungs-- yar, but the purpose is far deeper. The sand around my feet turns to gold for an instant. Swaying sea flora stiffens and takes on a new hue as the metal transforms it from the inside out.

"A seemingly insignificant fish," tone is soft, vacant, lost in memory, "unlike any I'd ever seen before. It blessed me with power." I'm unable to stifle the next yawn, warmth in this cave is tempting toward sleep. My body is relaxed. Her presence offers a rare comfort; the sense of having someone near is soothing. For once, I wouldn't be spending another night alone with my dreams. Memories serve to remind me that there was a time during the last Frostfall, we bedded near each other in a cave much roomier than this. Yar, and here we stood once more.

Africa, was in many ways a savior. She seemed to find her way into my life during stressful moments. When things seem bleak, and my resolve weakens. She alone has offered a faint flicker of hope for this weary soul. Her honest nature is appealing and can almost always lure a smile. Consciously I crane both ears hard forward, listening to the constant howl which is mournfully raging outside this warm hollow. Our time is short, but I wouldn't squander it.

@[Africa]

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Cabin in the woods (closed) - by Midas - 12-03-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-04-2014, 05:59 AM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Midas - 12-04-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-04-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Midas - 12-04-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-05-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Midas - 12-05-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-06-2014, 02:27 AM