the Rift

[PRIVATE] You look like my next mistake.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Birdsong has begun, and with the thawing of the snow, the land has come alive. Birds are returning to the trees, tender young blades of grass are poking their heads out of the snow, and the rivers are roaring to life once more, prodded into action by the melting ice that streams down their banks. And the land is not the only thing awakening. As if rousing itself from a deep and pleasant slumber, Nasreen’s young heart is beginning to stir.

Not that the maiden has any idea what plagues her. She takes it for spring fever, but all of the symptoms of first love are there. She finds herself humming for no reason, often dancing (albeit clumsily) through the woods or diving in and out of the clouds. The princess has also grown strangely absentminded, becoming distracted in mid-thought and—oh, is that tree budding? Nasreen rushes over to inspect it with a dreamy half-smile on her face.

But what are strangest of all are the dreams. At night when her eyes are closed, her heart is open and her mind is free. Though the memories always elude her in the morning, she’s left with vague images of flying through hazy dawns and purple twilights. There’s someone with her, but every time she turns her head to look, she wakes up and the face dissipates as quickly as the morning mist. It doesn’t trouble Nasreen though—after all, there’s too much humming and frolicking to do for her to dwell on the matter.

It is in this lighthearted state that she flutters down into Thistle Meadow, browsing amongst the young grasses and strolling through the melting snow. The sun peeks out from behind a cloud, and she glances up, face breaking into a radiant smile at the sight. Copper wings spread, the delicate ice chains that line them tinkling merrily, and she pauses, holding them out to her sides to soak up the very first signs of warmth. Oh spring—how she missed it!

@[Bucephalus]

OOC: Set after they’ve met at the Rotunda but before the storytelling competition!

"speech"

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-04-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-04-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-10-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-17-2014, 03:11 AM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 01-18-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 01-24-2015, 04:20 PM