the Rift

[PRIVATE] You look like my next mistake.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Oh, he is gracious, and for that Nasreen is thankful. He reassures her, so gallantly taking the blame for her incivility on himself. Yet the smile with which he does it leaves her wondering: is there a part of him that is laughing at her? The princess knows that she can be a silly girl, but she finds herself earnestly hoping that he does not think so. Silently, she vows not to let the conversation lapse so grievously again.

But when Bucephalus asks which herd she belongs to, she finds herself hesitating. She herself doesn’t quite know the answer. Yes, she is the Seer for the Quian, who reside in the World’s Edge, but she still does not quite belong. It is only a temporary home while she looks for Th’orqui, as she reminds herself every morning. Still, it would do a disservice to Kahlua’s kindness to disown them so quickly before her newest acquaintance.

“I live in the World’s Edge, with the Quian; it is true,” she replies after a moment. There is a soft note of uncertainty in her voice, but he is right; she does live there now. Nasreen considers leaving it at that, but she cannot bring herself to deny her heritage either. “But I come from a place far away. It is called Th’orqui,” she offers. She doesn’t expect him to recognize the name of her kingdom (no one here has, save her brother Quil’s…well, whatever she was), but a faint hope still beats on in her breast. It is not a sin to try—unlike Quilyan, she has not given up the search for her homeland. “…Have you heard of it?”

@[Bucephalus]

"speech"

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-04-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-04-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-10-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-17-2014, 03:11 AM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 01-18-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 01-24-2015, 04:20 PM