the Rift

[OPEN] New Tides [Welcoming]

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Pale eyes flecked with brown gazed back toward the growing spray. The mare waited patiently for her recruit to follow suit despite the fact that his words had jumped between them, unacknowledged, just moments before. Essetia sought a kindred spirit in the young colt but understood that the memories that he kept hidden were for his own reflection… not hers. Romul whined and yipped from beyond and his companion answered in kind with a resounding rumble. “Make sure he crosses safely,” she urged.

He’s not a child Ess…” Romul retorted in response. A soft smile curved the mare’s dark lips as a break in the water indicated Kipling’s first attempt to come through the fragile wall of water. However, his second attempt was more successful. Essetia had moved back into the cave in order to avoid colliding with the youngster but he fell into place before her in a wild tangle of legs and hair. Just behind her, the Hidden Falls opened up into a wide expanse of blooming greens and browns. Emerald grasses had grown through the muddied ground and the trees had come back into flower, sprouting sparse leaves that dotted the periwinkle skies above.

But Kipling had yet to marvel at the greatness that would soon become “home” to him. Instead a delighted twinkle lit a fire in his eyes and his vigor for life settled warmly in her stomach. She missed that innocent part of herself, that part that expressed all that she felt in her own naivety… Age had changed her. Corruption had changed her. Abandonment had made her so cold… “I didn’t find this my friend… it was given to me. Welcome home Kipling; welcome to the Hidden Falls,” she beamed.

His happiness was infectious and sent old, stagnant thoughts sailing off into the distant winds. Slowly, the mare cast her wide, curious eyes toward the sweeping lands of the Falls. It felt as though she too were looking upon the dips and rises for the first time… there was a certain magic in what she found, something profound and grand. Turning on her heels, Essetia began to lead Kipling into the clearing just beyond the cave, but of course was stopped when Romul came barging through the spray behind them. “Some friend,” he growled.

Essetia only chuckled in reply.

Once you’re settled in we can discuss getting you settled into a position here, if you like. Every herd has specific duties and ranks that residents can learn. Essentially, you can choose to become a warrior or a healer, a spy or a philosopher and even a crafter. If there’s anything you find interesting, I can always acquaint you with your mentor,” she stated evenly. “Of course, should you prefer to become a spy, you could study under Romul and I… I’m sure Romul wouldn’t mind seeing you on a regular basis,” she laughed.

Romul whined in response to his name hanging upon Essetia’s lips, but came to rest at Kipling’s hooves in a show of likeness. His golden eyes appeared heavy and within minutes the wolf had fallen into the dark depths of sleep. “He must trust you…” Essetia speculated. She hadn’t seen the wolf so comforted by another in a long time. Perhaps it was time to relax into her new life as well.

Essetia
image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)

@[Kipling] Horray for post, even if it is crap-tastic.

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
New Tides [Welcoming] - by Essetia - 12-04-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: New Tides [Welcoming] - by Kipling - 12-05-2014, 08:48 PM
RE: New Tides [Welcoming] - by Essetia - 12-08-2014, 12:03 AM
RE: New Tides [Welcoming] - by Kipling - 12-09-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: New Tides [Welcoming] - by Essetia - 12-13-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: New Tides [Welcoming] - by Kipling - 12-15-2014, 11:06 AM
RE: New Tides [Welcoming] - by Essetia - 12-15-2014, 09:28 PM
RE: New Tides [Welcoming] - by Kipling - 12-21-2014, 06:16 PM