the Rift

[PRIVATE] Come Closer, You're Not In Danger Yet

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cetan

Life has a way of kicking us when we’re down. And just when we think we can’t fall any lower, we get kicked again.

Cold. Oh yes, it's cold. Such a cruelly lovely thing. My body shudders as i follow an old game trail through the foothills of this range. The cold air bites at every winter coat-bare spot on my body, sinking into my skin like the talons of an eagle. Did that make me a fish or a mouse? I'd rather be a fish... no, a mouse. Could i be a mish? Did eagles eat mish?

I shake my head, a smile curling my dark lips. Alone, i could smile. None would be here to erase it from my face, to throw their bitter words and cruel phrases at me. I lift my head, a quick toss shifting my pale locks out of my eyes so i could gaze at my surroundings clearly. The snow that seemed to constantly fall speckled my already dappled back. I shake myself off, then follow the trail to a frozen lake. Well, pond really. I'd never seen ice coat water like this; in the Long Winter, snow covered everything up to your chest, and previous winters in my old herd were mild. Probably meant we should have known what was going to happen.

Carefully i walk towards this shining surface, tapping it with a hoof. It is like the glass of the Edge Wall, but... it powders when my hoof strikes it. Curious. I shrug to myself and proceed to walk across it.... or that was the plan, anyway.

The moment both forelegs were on the ice, i lost my footing. Hooves scrabbled on ice to keep me upright, sliding me out deeper onto the ice until eventually, i lost the fight and fell. I laid there, sprawled like a colt not yet learnt to stand, dazed and downright confused. What just happened? I pull my legs close to stand, only to have them slide back out. Luckily the fall wasn't so bad this time; my body was starting to ache something terrible.

Fear rose in my throat. I was far from Edge, unable to stand, and the snow... was it falling harder?!(It wasn't, but paranoia does strange things.) I was going to die. This was it. I kept trying to regain my footing, until, lo and behold, i managed it. I froze in place, unwilling to move even an inch lest i fall again. Now... to figure out how to get back to the solid snow ground.

Word Count: 403 Tags: @[Saffron]
Background Credits!Valanee.devianart.com | Lineart

Please tag Cetan in all posts

Permission is given for all force against Cetan provided it doesn't kill him.

Messages In This Thread
Come Closer, You're Not In Danger Yet - by Cetan - 12-05-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: Come Closer, You're Not In Danger Yet - by Cetan - 12-09-2014, 08:49 PM