the Rift

[OPEN] !! Take Me to Church

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Before the little healer has a chance to respond, the voice of reason intervenes. “When is the last time you saw him and where?” Aaron asks evenly, looking at them both. “He’s not been with me for a while,” the mare confesses, explaining that despite her trust that Quil will return, he hasn’t. She’s not the only one who’s made that mistake, Nasreen thinks bitterly, mulling over the doctor’s words. Had her brother grown tired of the timid thing? While she had been too young to understand the full implications of her brother’s past…dalliances…the princess knew that back in Th’orqui, Quilyan had kept the company of several beautiful young mares, and none of them had ever lasted as long as Resplendence. Her brother had left behind both blood and country, and as far as Nasreen is concerned, Resplendence is no different. She almost pities the mare--almost. Still, the healer’s admittance does nothing to reassure the maiden about her brother’s safety or whereabouts.

Sure enough, the last time Resplendence saw Quilyan had been several seasons ago, before the floating island had appeared or Nasreen had been promoted. Internally, she scoffs, for indeed it appears to be true: her brother has abandoned yet another consort. As for her, she had seen Quil on the island—it had been brief and strained, but she had seen him and spoken to him. Omitting the family drama, the young Seer tells the pair this much. “The last time I saw him was on the floating island,” she replies, eyes focused on Aaron. She permits a copper ear to flick in Resplendence’s direction and continues: “That was at the end of Tallsun—maybe the beginning of Orangemoon. I haven’t seen him since. Perhaps he has gone looking for our home?” Just as he should have long ago, she adds silently, before finishing, “Still…I’d rather be safe than sorry.” She was still angry with her brother, but she would not abandon him as he had her. If he was missing, the girl would do everything in her power to find him.

In response to Aaron’s suggestion that they return to the Edge, the maiden cocks her head, but takes a step or two after Resplendence. She does not like it here, to be sure, but the stallion speaks as if there is danger afoot that she does not know of. His anxiety makes her nervous enough to abandon her search for Th’orqui for the day—she will continue later, perhaps in an area that is less thickly wooded. As she passes him, she pauses to introduce herself. “I’m Nasreen, by the way—Quilyan’s sister.”

"speech"

[/quote]
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
!! Take Me to Church - by Resplendence - 12-05-2014, 02:17 AM
RE: !! Take Me to Church - by Nasreen - 12-05-2014, 07:08 AM
RE: !! Take Me to Church - by Nasreen - 12-10-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: !! Take Me to Church - by Nasreen - 12-17-2014, 02:35 AM
RE: !! Take Me to Church - by Aaron - 12-07-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: !! Take Me to Church - by Resplendence - 12-09-2014, 01:27 AM
RE: !! Take Me to Church - by Aaron - 12-13-2014, 08:49 AM
RE: !! Take Me to Church - by Resplendence - 12-15-2014, 08:47 PM