the Rift

[OPEN] We Were Born Sick

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

Birdsong; it was the season of renewal, of new life, of change. It was a time of jubilation as the weather began to warm and life grew generally easier, but for some, the season mattered little.

For Crowley, the season signified a year and a half that he had carried the weight of the Moon's curse upon his shoulders. There were times the brindled devil wondered if it really was worth it all, bearing the torment he wished others to suffer, from blindness, a forever lingering, freezing sleet, insatiable hunger, and lust for a fucking winged harpy...! At the worst of it, it was Talbot who contemplated seeking the Moon out to take it all away, to allow his master comfort once more, but he knew his skin would be had for pulling such a move.

... But today, Talbot wondered if it would be worth it.

The pair had made their way to the sandy stretch of beach in the western part of Helovia, the very beach that Talbot could remember spending much of his time as a pup with the brindle always right behind him, much like a worrisome mother. The cerulean waters were just as calming and euphoric as he remembered, but this time, there would be no chance to enjoy it.

As the waves undulated across the shore, droplets smacking the hound in the face and wetting his paws, Talbot wished only to show the stallion that there was nothing to fear. However, Crowley gave a sharp snort each and every time the ocean would dare advance upon him. A white rim was visible around his golden eyes, pupils dilated in fear. His striped hide was laden with sweat, as the ocean was far from the first thing to set him off since the day had begun. When the waves reached for him next, threatening to pull him in as it's prey and devour him, and the stallion panicked. Onto his haunches he flew, striking blindly at the air with his forelimbs as he simultaneously turned his back on the murderous waves, landing, then giving a kick for good measure before he darted to the safety of a puny sand dune.

For a long moment, Talbot could only stare as his master, who looked uproarious standing behind the dune that barely reached his chest, before he hefted a sigh and allowed himself to collapse in the cool sand of the shore. What he wouldn't give for this to all be over...

[Part of Crowley's quest, for "extreme fear and paranoia." Open to any and all!]

"Talk talk talk"

I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife

Messages In This Thread
We Were Born Sick - by Crowley - 12-06-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: We Were Born Sick - by Rhiannon - 12-06-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: We Were Born Sick - by Crowley - 12-07-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: We Were Born Sick - by Rhiannon - 12-09-2014, 10:59 AM
RE: We Were Born Sick - by Crowley - 12-11-2014, 08:27 PM