the Rift

Chardonnay and Oxy

Reyna Posts: 6
Outcast
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17.2hh :: 6
Wyvern
Reyna

There is a prominent underlying tension that exists between the two strangers that come to meet her. Though Reyna has no business wondering over such gossip and dramatics, there is a mild curiosity as to what has inspired such a ruffled expression from the feathered fae. Perhaps she has missed something in her constant switching of her own gaze? After all where she hailed from it was not only customary but respectful to hold another's gaze while speaking to them. To not do so was highly insulting. Perhaps the shadow boy had made a silent remark with his expression? Or was the spotted dame merely sensitive? Whatever answer lies behind their relationship, whatever dynamic it may hold, Reyna's focus lands on the smile that spreads over the boy's face like a bloodied daybreak. He is simply fascinating, not that the doe to her left is not of course, and Reyna finds him to be much like a peculiar puzzle. Something to be played with until solved or thrown away in frustration. Oh, but Reyna had patience abound. If rewards such as his sincere amusement lay at the heart of such a transfigured, warped masterpiece, then Reyna would wholeheartedly devote her attention to solving the mysteries that seemed to cling to him like wisps of smoke.

Her own smile rises like a creature from the depths of an eerily still lake, small and reserved but as sincere as the one he proffers her. His laughter is all that can widen it, for she is as equally amused by him as he seems to be of her. Though he is but a hatchling to her, as if eggshell remains should soon be found with how his body still searches for the skies too quickly, the dark wisdom in his gaze reminds her of the exiles in Vulthane. Reyna did not yet know of the fact that her lifespan was significantly shorter in this realm, and as such considered him but a flightless hatchling, it only thusly intensified her curiosity. Rei, on the other hand, was like the exuberant snow dragons that happily showered the denizens in snow, crafting each snowflake with pride and inventiveness that Reyna could appreciate. As happy and pure as the snow they ruled, and nearly similar in color, Reyna had already attributed the two of them to the closest things she knew. They were contrasts, and she was pleased to have them vying for her attention, regardless of their motives.

Surprise is the first emotion to have crossed her face in this entire encounter, as the young shadow claims that creatures bond with dragons. "This place does not have the magik signature of draconic beings. It is very faint. Have you mere hatchlings? A dragon is tied to the element it is most in tune with, I would not fail to sense them. Forgive me, my culture must differ from yours, I am not normally so inquisitive." Though she asks for forgiveness verbally it is a mere formality, her surprise mingling with faint doubt and confusion. Bond? What could the boy mean by such a word? Mate was a better adjective, surely? Or were such hybrids nonexistent in this Helovia land?

"Reginald..." she sighs the name, letting it roll delicately on her tongue, holding her silence sincerely before giving a will-o-the-wisp smile and nodding regally. "A noble name for such an intriguing shadow boy. A very powerful name, in my land." It is the quiet snowdragon dame that draws her attention next, seemingly casting off the distemper she'd held prior to any verbalization. On her lips is the contrast to Reginald's explanations, a query that flutters into Reyna's ears like an overexcited butterfly consumed by curiosity.

"I hail from Vulthane. As far into the northern reaches as you can imagine, surrounded by dragons and magik of Olde. Where ivory towers rise high into the skies, and mechanical birds entertain young hatchlings. I could regale you with fantastical stories, for the hundreds of years I have lived in my land." It is spoken so freely that it signifies the lack of knowledge Reyna has on the subject of equine longevity. She has seen mountains shift and die, new ones steadily climb to take their place. Mortality is a foreign concept to her, for it only existed when a magnificent creature was slain. Her mentors and the Priestess Order had lived for countless centuries, their magik powerful and almost as ancient as the Olde. Her eyes drift back into another place, another time. The stone on her breast glows faintly as if disturbed, drawing her attention back. Clearing her throat softly she turns to Rei once more. "Though I am far more interested in what the two of you consider home in this...Helovia." Listening and absorbing, after all, were just as important as sharing and teaching.

devils don't fly
Credit

@[Reginald]

Messages In This Thread
Chardonnay and Oxy - by Reyna - 12-08-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: Chardonnay and Oxy - by Reginald - 12-08-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Chardonnay and Oxy - by Rei - 12-08-2014, 01:21 AM
RE: Chardonnay and Oxy - by Reyna - 12-08-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: Chardonnay and Oxy - by Reginald - 12-09-2014, 01:58 AM
RE: Chardonnay and Oxy - by Rei - 12-11-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: Chardonnay and Oxy - by Reyna - 12-12-2014, 02:45 AM
RE: Chardonnay and Oxy - by Reginald - 12-13-2014, 01:54 AM