:: :: ::
K
I
P
L
I
N
G
The bathing creature’s explosion stuns Kipling into rare stillness. There is much splashing and scampering, all of which the colt watches motionlessly. His golden eyes widen with curiosity. What an odd reaction to a simple greeting!

The other one slips on the slick embankment, and perhaps a more chivalrous steed would have offered some assistance, but social graces were almost entirely lost on Kipling. They extricate themselves from the water unaided, and the colt finally sees the whole body of this horned one. Drenched as they are, it is hard to discern their color – something vaguely cream-ish – but the shock of icy blue of the horn and eyes remain unmistakeable. Despite the circumstances, the animal is pretty, in an accessible way that does not intimidate the colt.

They shake. Water droplets fly, and a few sprinkle his ruddy coat. At this, Kipling finally unglues himself from his frozen position. All he does is tilt his head curiously, flicking his ears thoughtfully in their direction. While he has nearly reached the conclusion without the clue provided by speech, her voice at last reveals her gender to be mare. She complains of the cold and he nods, commiserating in a feable attempt at empathy. “I’m sure it is! Why don’t you dry off, then?” He speaks matter-of-factly and offers no suggestions on how she might do this. He hasn’t thought that far ahead at this point. Besides, that is her problem, not his. “Why would you go in there in the first place?”

The somewhat accusatory tone of the mare’s second remark goes well over Kipling’s head, and he interprets it at a purely semantic level. Did he know better? “Nope,” He responds, his voice a shrug. “How do you say hello when you see someone?” The question is genuine, not meant to poke fun.

Oh, how he is so very full of questions.

OOC: @[Sikeax]
Image Credit
Code by Sevin

Messages In This Thread
RE: if only i could stop dreaming and start believing - by Kipling - 12-18-2014, 10:59 AM
RE: if only i could stop dreaming and start believing - by Kipling - 12-26-2014, 10:35 AM