the Rift

[OPEN] hunger hurts but starving works

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

His reluctance makes her only hungrier for information, but clearly he was not into the notion. He was struggling to do all he could to avoid the subject. Tangere was not the type to intentionally make someone uncomfortable, not these days anyways. She nods to him after he lets the heavy words fall from his mouth. “I see,” She takes a short breath into her lungs, it is biting and cold, frostfall’s last frosty nights are fading yet it leaves small reminders still. “There is talk of murders…I didn’t know that’s where they happened.” This sentence is almost under her breath, it’s obvious she is going to allow the subject to fall to the wayside, to his relief, she’s sure.

She moved along after the core of their conversations is forgotten and renewed to something different. Phrixus is their subject. When Bucephalus mentions the bird’s name she tilts her head to the side to look up at him soaring above them. “Tame him?” She chuckles. “His God’s gave him to me.” She returns her eyes to the path ahead, smiling as she recounts the memory of finding Phrixus’s egg in the Hear Caves when the wraiths attacked Helovia. It was quite some time ago. “I found his egg and carried it for many moon-cycles until he hatched. He’s been with me ever since.” She notices that they are getting closer and closer to their destination, she lets him lead her wherever, trusting him completely. “They’re called familiars, or demons, or companions – it is different in different cultures and lands. Either way they are a gift from the Gods, whichever ones, and they are somehow tied to one’s soul. You become knotted with one another, never to be unbound.” Her voice gets mixed into the whistling wind, her smile remaining even though she’s stopped talking. He leads to where the melting snows have cleared away a little bit, revealing dried, preserved grasses. She walks for the patch with a reach muzzle, grabbing and ripping tenderly before looking up at him, mid-chew. “Thank you.” She giggles (at his joke) and chews as the words chime sweetly from her grinning, moving mouth. She grazes for a moment before his question causes her to stiffen and pause, bending the closest ear to him. Her head rises and she stares at him while gathering a string of words to say. “I’ve heard that to.” She cannot help but laugh at herself. “To be honest I do not discuss it with any of them. From what I gathered they are in fact superior feeling to all others except their own kind, but really, it doesn’t seem to be of the utmost importance for them to maintain aggression for everyone.” She sighs and takes another mouthful to chew before continuing, “But in general, yes, they hate a lot of things – pegasi being pretty high on their list.

tangere
AND THE DOVE OF HOPE
BEGINS ITS DOWNWARD SLOPE...

@[Bucephalus] <3

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Messages In This Thread
hunger hurts but starving works - by Tangere - 12-09-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: hunger hurts but starving works - by Tangere - 12-18-2014, 02:50 PM