Frustration [Smoke]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme
Individually, we are one drop
Together, we are the ocean.
- Ryunosuke Satoro

Complicated matters? Did she not remember that Ricochet called Soleil a whore? That was beyond simply "complicating". The stallion's crimson eyes flashed with brief irritation before he schooled his expression, blinking the anger away. Blinking was still uncomfortable, but he was good at managing pain. However, he was not good at managing his own conflicting emotions. The stallion had very much liked Smoke, and he was angry that his opinion of her waned in response to her particularly snotty attitude during his meeting.

"I asked to speak in an effort to assuage your complaints." The stallion's voice was even in tone but no longer weary like the night before. Sleep had done his mind and spirit well, as the stallion who had spoken at that meeting was much, much older than he truly was. Exhaustion was not a pretty when worn on a battle-torn warrior, but he managed to dress it up well enough to function. "Just as I should have spoken to you first, you too should have spoken to me privately before assuming that I was demoting you." Paladin's expression was fair, even and honest.

"I have always thought well of you, Smoke. You served the Foothills as well as you could with your absentee leaders, but I did not realize that the position I gave you was one of disrespect. Gossamer had always spoken to me as if you were beneath her authority, thus why I challenged her for the Foothills and not you." Paladin shifted his weight on one hind leg to rest his stretching skin on his shoulders, and he enjoyed the cool breeze that gently caressed the burning sensation on his neck and shoulders.

"As for Ricochet, I sincerely hope that I am not the only one who believes that his words and rash behavior is intolerable and not simply a complication." With those words, the true authority on his voice pushed forth, and his expression grew stern. "Soleil has been with one other stallion besides myself, as most mares have. Finding your mate later in life does not make one a whore. If he believes that then most mares are, and that sort of thinking is not something that I can tolerate. I know your daughter and he are close, which is why I am coming to you with this. Do you trust him to be fair to others - all others, including my mate and those of different species?" Paladin's eyes searched hers deeply, trying to catch any deception that she might be harboring.

"At any rate, I am going to allow the members of the Foothills to choose their next leaders by popular vote. The way of the warrior is limited, and I wish that I had been given another option to ascend in rank. I am not eager for power, but I want the Foothills to be great." True weariness showed now. "If you desire, you are welcome to put your name on the list of candidates. I am sure, that with the trust the herd has in you, that you will be a fair option."

Messages In This Thread
Frustration [Smoke] - by Paladin - 09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Smoke - 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Paladin - 09-14-2012, 11:11 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Smoke - 09-15-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Paladin - 09-15-2012, 10:34 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Smoke - 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM