Frustration [Smoke]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme
Individually, we are one drop
Together, we are the ocean.
- Ryunosuke Satoro

"I know," he said. "I just said that very thing. I should have spoken to you first, just as you should have spoken to me first before causing a dramatic stir and leaving without considering my own reasons." Was she not listening? Or did she just enjoying hammering into his skull the fact that he made a mistake without admitting her own faults? The mare was infuriating, unable to take responsibility for her own bitch fit. Quickly, the stallion was growing irritated, his sight glazing with red. However, the old sign of his irritation was a flicker of his skin on his shoulder, but that was easily mistaken for the flies that had taken a liking to his charred flesh.

"If you prefer diplomacy, I would be honored to have you be in charge of the diplomats. That would ease some of my already increasing stress." Paladin's crimson eyes shifted to the borders, his nature being ever watchful. "Though I will not stand and allow you to speak as if you had no fault in this miss-communication, Smoke." He said sternly. "You could have easily spoken to me after the meeting, or you could have spoken up that you were not interested in militaristic matters. I would have let you choose."

Hearing that Ricochet was a racist sent the stallion's ears flying backward on his neck, and the black dun arched his neck angrily. She would allow a racist among their ranks, and he had already violated the rules with his thick skull and wild tongue! "A father who would indoctrinate his child with such hatred is a fool," he said, crimson eyes flashing back to the blackness of his past. Still, a darkness resided in his soul from his upbringing, a cruel instinct that he daily struggled with suppressing. "I would know. Mine was a monster." Paladin sighed, expression turning weary. "Perhaps you are right. The young buck had no choice but to suffer his father's words and likely had no room to form an opinion of his own. Tragic, really."

Paladin sighed at her words. "Smoke, I am sorry, but I had spoken to Gossamer twice about being a military lead along side you, and she all but ignored my words. Even though I bested you in battle once, she would not appoint me head warrior. I spoke to Indy on the matter, and he told me that she was waiting for you to choose a mate to be the military lead. Then, I could not find her, and I was watching with a knot forming in my stomach as the members of this herd grew lethargic and... it fell," he said, his expression honest and sorrowful. "Speaking gained me nothing. So I obeyed the laws of the land with Indy's blessing and challenged Gossamer. I did not even expect her to show up, to be honest." The stallion grimaced grimly. "When she did, she told me that the Foothills was great, and I tried to tell her otherwise. It was falling into a mountain of inadequacy. She spoke of roads, but I had never once laid eyes on Narmer; she spoke of numbers, but so many were going to the Throat and the Edge, even equalist unicorns."

"At that point, there was no going back, and I did what I thought was best given the situation I faced. I was going to challenge Indy before he told me that Gossamer had the final authority, and I assumed that you were considering nothing more than a general." Paladin eyed her apologetically. "I truly did not mean any offense. What I was told and what was true were obviously two different matters entirely, but I hope that now, with the elections in place, the herd will be able to choose their leaders without bloodshed." He sighed. "Though it may be a shock to admit, I am not a lover of war. Spars and strengthening my body give me purpose. It is what I know. I was raised in battles, blood and murder, but I have no desire to shed blood. I ran away from that life for a reason."

Paladin then turned his head, ears pricking forward to catch the signs of change on the wind. "I am going to gather the warriors now to aide, Mirage, Lady Smoke." The black dun bowed his head deeply. "I hope that you choose to put your name in for elections. You would have my vote."

Messages In This Thread
Frustration [Smoke] - by Paladin - 09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Smoke - 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Paladin - 09-14-2012, 11:11 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Smoke - 09-15-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Paladin - 09-15-2012, 10:34 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Smoke - 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM