the Rift

Frustration [Smoke]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Dry humor lit her eyes as she watched him. The conversation was not going the way he'd expected, this much she suspected. "When I took leadership from Ricochet at the Oasis, I spoke to Aera and sorted things out before addressing the herd." It was not quite an accusatory comment, but nor was it anywhere close to innocent. A reminder that he was not the only one to have gained leadership from within the herd by battle. An unspoken commentary that she saw his way as less than successful. As if the meeting hadn't been plenty sign of that.

But she was pleased that her words had defused a potentially disasterous revelation into a moment of thought and realization. She remained silent as she let Paladin process her revealed knowledge on Ricochet, though her ears twitched at the information he dropped in turn. Interesting. At least he was willing to allow Ricochet another chance. Which the dunskin surely needed. Being introduced to a herd in which you expected one sort of leadership only to have everything turned on its head had not helped the situation.

A soft laugh escaped her then, at his admissions. "Pick a mate? The Unbroken has fallen and took my heart with him. Only as I raised his and my daughter that I began to gather its pieces back together and contemplate lending it to another. But I lost that one as well when the shades drove us all out, and I know not if he lives. Had you merely asked me, I would have been content to lead with you as partners in military things." Her eyes had softened with an old sadness, whose pain had only blunted over the passage of time. They closed then, as she shook her head.

"Paladin, I wish you only the best. But I must be selfish for once, and go in a direction in which lies my best interest. The Foothills no longer is that." There was a small smile on her features as she gazed at him. "Always before I have gone where another led or where my responsibilities have driven me." Truth, though it had taken time for her to realize as much. "Stay safe, lead well." And then she was bowing her head to him in return, before turning away. Home... she would have to find her own again.

Messages In This Thread
Frustration [Smoke] - by Paladin - 09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Smoke - 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Paladin - 09-14-2012, 11:11 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Smoke - 09-15-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Paladin - 09-15-2012, 10:34 PM
RE: Frustration [Smoke] - by Smoke - 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM