the Rift

[OPEN] Returning Home
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia was silent when Gaucho did not respond, hearing the whisper of wings settle nearby. Ampere. She watched the beautiful, blue and jaded mare offer her services to carry the fallen bird companion of Phaedra, and she was not surprised. The large, fiery stallion indicted, as Hotaru approached, that she was known as the mother of companions, a title which Ophelia found rather ironic. How could she be the mother of companions when she condemned them all to death with her own crusade against the very idea of a bond? Part of her wanted to chuckle, but here was not the place.

The pale princess was surprised that Gaucho would just let Hotaru go, just because she was following orders. And what orders were those, she wondered? This called for a talk with Deimos, she mused, humming thoughtfully to herself. Why was she stealing from the Dragon's Throat? What did the Basin need that they had? Certainly they could hold their own in war, but Gaucho was not one to be trifled with, especially since his answer to almost every slight (imagined or not) was to beat the perpetrator into the ground with his formidable strength.

Then, she had to roll her eyes slightly. So, it was not enough that their spies had seen Hotaru, that she had been challenged for. It was not enough that this petty back and forth game meant nothing - oh no, he had to go for the leaders and amplify this slight tenfold until war fell upon them over a tiny trinket. Though, as he said, he seemed very fond of these material items, and Ophelia sighed, smiling bitterly to herself before lifting her gaze.

"I do," she said with a loaded smile, standing a little taller, proud. There was no need to bring Deimos' name into this, currently, even though it must have been his orders to cause this entire drama. The Reaper needed to get out more. But, then again, Gaucho was like a bond-villain, giving up his entire plan of taking a Basin leader even before its culmination. "I know now we have very different ideas of what these items mean to you, and how little they mean to me," she mused.

"But we are not allies, Gaucho. When was the last time you ventured this far north? Saw outside of your sands? You expect some sort of civility you have not come to ask for, and then you condemn us for acting in our best interest?" she asked pointedly, frowning.

"You would do the same. You have done the same." Let him not forget that his most secret thoughts were not safe, not from her eyes.

"I look forward to seeing your Sohalia at the next meeting for the Academy."

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-12-2014, 03:39 AM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-12-2014, 04:44 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-12-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-12-2014, 08:24 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-12-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-12-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ampere - 12-13-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Hotaru - 12-15-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-15-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 01:52 PM