the Rift

[OPEN] Look in their innocent eyes (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Earth came to me in a soundless dream; he often sent orders in this manner when announcing a change of position or providing reward to those most favored. This time, my heavenly patron had chosen an individual to guide our healing ranks. Out of necessity, he moved to name someone to replace our missing comrade. Kiara, whom I hadn't seen around in a long while.

When the name and image of his choice came to mind, I wasn't overly shocked; and quite honestly there was a momentary wash of relief. Hope. She bore a compassionate disposition that would suit one designed for mending; not waging war, or sliding through the shadows as a sleuth. From beneath a cluster of greening trees, I move out of the dark murk into patchy sunlight, bright gliden gems rise toward heaven. Clear, re-energized, repurposed, hopeful. All things I'd only dreamed of ever feeling after recent troubles. Grief had begun to wane ever slightly.

Aye, plus this favorable atmosphere offered fresh ideals. It was a warm Birdsong morning, the valley is alive with birds returning from winter dwelling. A vibrant tune, one that promises to bud anew. To bring the dawn. Only in the deepest hours of night are we reminded that Frostfall was hanging on with all only the tips of talons dug deeply.

I set out to find his particular choice. A dappled woman who'd only recently taken up residence in this valley during the end of Frostfall. Purposely I'd keep my distance from her. Africa... yar, for settling reasons. Mayhaps also worry that I'd travel her way and find an empty den. Aye, Fina made me aware that my dear friend had taken residence at that cavern we sheltered in during a blizzard. She and Neve traveled with me part way. The phoenix caught wind of my purpose, and without waiting for retort suddenly decided to depart for a hunt. Or as Neve preferred, gathering. The snow child favored roots, berries and bugs. Though, like her sister, she had no qualms when it came to killing to fill a hungry belly. The prison was just ahead, through the next group of timber. I pause behind the last remaining cover, scenting the air and catching a faint whiff of sweet female musk. Watching...waiting. "Africa?" would she still be around?

@[Africa]

credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Look in their innocent eyes (closed) - by Midas - 12-12-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-13-2014, 07:04 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Midas - 12-14-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-16-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Midas - 12-16-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-22-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Midas - 12-24-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-25-2014, 04:01 PM