the Rift

[OPEN] Rebirth... Take two

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

From a web of shadow nearby stepped another clothed in similar drab. She was quite an aesthetical contrast to the Starry-Eyed however, not nearly so bland upon the eye.

Sunlight seeped through the Falls’ restless canopy, illuminating pollen dust in thin threads to cast soft, swaying spotlights across the ground. The glassy horn which spiralled from skull between the stranger’s amber eyes caught the light in its midst, and it glinted marvellously and glittered as her slim ashen face moved about. There too was a murmur of blush across her breast, and together such beautiful attributes broke the grim monotony of disability and a dull monochrome coat.

It was both insecurity and a vain wish to be liked by the God of the Sun which had compelled Africa to pursue the gift that now brightened her appearance, literally. Fire licked through the heavy, long tendrils of her forelock, mane and tail, enhancing in turn the demure turn of sandy-hued eyes and bringing a warm radiance to an otherwise bleak exterior. Unfortunately, the effort to impress and be noticed by one so brilliantly fierce and blindingly perfect had been futile; before even the chance to meet with him alone again had come, the one-winged mare had fled into the snowy wilderness of Deep Forest – perhaps, she thought, never to return.

In effort to restore the Starry-Eyed’s skewed balance, the stranger extended her nose, touched it to warm skin – and she flinched beneath, wildly, unprepared for such unanticipated connection. Nevertheless, her eyes traced the path of the other’s head as it pulled back, those warm brown eyes, and long black-tipped ears flickered as a soft, comforting greeting brushed by them. Embarrassment reddened the skin canvassing her face, and Africa’s chin dipped modestly as the new voice slipped to cloud the air about her again. “I’m alright,” she answered, flexing both shoulder and thigh to test for strain, ““...yes.” The other laughed a little and it drew forth a similar sound from the one-winged mare.

Silas wove through the thermals high, high above them and the turn at last, of her mind from nervousness to cheer, eased his wariness.

“Africa,” she introduced herself quickly with a growing smile, right before the fog of awkward silence had a chance to ruin their meeting. “I’m new to these parts, just finding me feet – in a sense.” The Starry-Eyed chuckled again softly, this time stepping from the slick muddy trail to join the other grey on more solid stone.

Image Credits

@[Cashmere], if you remember :) I’m not really fussed either way. Do you want me to keep tagging you?

Messages In This Thread
Rebirth... Take two - by Africa - 12-14-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: Rebirth... Take two - by Cashmere - 12-19-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Rebirth... Take two - by Africa - 12-21-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Rebirth... Take two - by Cashmere - 12-25-2014, 11:22 PM