Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit
R
Y
U
U

It is not only the cheerful Megaera who would notice the similarities between the two young boys, for I stared shyly and as covertly as I could manage at the blood-stained youth that echoed my own canvas in physical form. Though there is no valid reason to fear the boy, something tight and convoluted in my belly unwound and relaxed upon being blessed with wordless greeting far more benign than I had justly anticipated. Somehow, I inspired delight in the young fellow, and a warm mess of emotion clutched in my ribs preened beneath the idea that I was capable of planting that seed of a smile on my elder's visage. He is a jovial thing, and my sentiments grow as he cavorts about in theatrics that spread an entertained smile on my no-longer trembling lips. I even go so far as to giggle, and I think I am certain that he would not be offended by it. Though it seems I had accurately recalled the older boy's appearance, little as I'd seen of him when I was freshly weaned and clasped beneath Momma's wing. I had truthfully relied more on Cera's accounts than my own recollections.

I'm scared by the sudden noise that emanates from behind me, jumping and skittering away despite the sharp burn of objection from my hooves. Ilaria is quick to begin damage control, and I ease into the soft patting of her furry paws and the quiet crooning in my ear. I am ashamed, for them to see me so weak and frightened, but I lived mostly in solitude. Momma and Cera had always made sure they landed farther from me, advancing on land for my sake. I realized that I'd been spoiled by their concern and compassion, and ducked my head briefly for a moment of quiet shame. Ilaria tugged gently on my lower mane, reminding me that there is far more on the agenda, and my distress is not appropriate at the time.

Megaera is pretty, in a very maternal fashion. Perhaps that's merely me, seeking out the comfort and affection of those around me, desiring to be liked. I'm far too young to be finding any sort of aesthetic appeal to her, but her kindness resonates in her sweetly mannered voice and I find myself forgiving her incidental approach. She wasn't to know, as we had never met, and I was more concerned with my own reaction than the fact that she had caused it. Despite the fierce burn of my hooves from the journey my imperfect body had found long and agonizing, I manage a smile for her, tremulous but sincere.

"Yes ma'am," I respond, my voice perpetually soft and demure. She introduces herself with far more grace and eloquence than I am capable of, and far too swiftly the conversation turns to our tasks. They move nearly immediately, their longer legs too fast for my coltish pillars and dilapidated hooves. Though it shames me, I tell myself that it's best they know sooner rather than later, should anything negative happen on our patrol.

"W-Wait!" I call helplessly, staggering after them pathetically and feeling shame burn my cheeks. They must hate me, or pity me, broken as I am. I wish I was capable of truly helping, of not being a burden or a hindrance on this mission, but I know I'd be the first to fall should the wolves come calling for our blood. The sharp decline is hard on me, the angle sending zings of pain up my hind hooves, and my limp is more pronounced as I come to stand near Sacre. He gazes about in wonder, and I am taken by the beauty of a world I've yet to see. The wraiths had already been a memory by the time I had been born.

"Momma won't talk much about the wraiths...it's so beautiful though..." I am momentarily distracted from my desire to explain that we must go slowly, that I have to hold them back, by the gleaming of the crystals and the unnatural glowing of the earthen sprouts deeper in the caverns. Ilaria pulls me from my enchantment, and I quietly clear my throat.

"I'm really sorry...I-I can't walk very fast, my hooves are ruined. I promise I'll try to keep up," I whispered, horrified by my own incapability. Would they be frustrated with me? Would they leave me behind? Would I be allowed on a patrol at all until my hooves somehow miraculously healed? But they were kindly souls, surely they could practice forgivance just once?

@[Megaera]

Image Credit

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Take aim and reload - by Sacre - 12-14-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Take aim and reload - by Ryuu - 12-21-2014, 01:34 AM
RE: Take aim and reload - by Megaera - 12-21-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: Take aim and reload - by Sacre - 12-27-2014, 03:21 PM
RE: Take aim and reload - by Ryuu - 01-07-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: Take aim and reload - by Megaera - 01-09-2015, 09:47 PM