the Rift

[OPEN] Fortune (Herd Meeting)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Ghost arrived with all the confidence her position demanded. I felt she'd become a reliable lead over the past month...a suitable replacement. It was good that yon spy took change with surprising ease,(at least by all appearance on the outside,) because inside our souls we fought demons. Tis the curse of being a ruler, and claiming a mantel suited for kings.

Now that Seele was...gone. I looked to her most trusted kin with renewed respect. "Hail, sister." She calls me by the title our gods granted. It serves to remind me of my position and unyielding endurance; gifted from their combined powers. Had my choice been misguided by dreams of grandeur? Only time would say, and time was at its most plentiful.

The dark one asks if everything was well, I'm silent for a moment. Gilden stare posed toward the trees, "Nar, there is news I bring, it shadows my heart." Somberly my crown falls forward, "I pray ye has better tidings about the murderer." Fina sighed and fluffed her breast as the clan began to trail in. A bay girl, known to me as the one favored by Earth and gifted as such. I return her nod and whisper, "To ye as well."

The vibration of pounding feet and noise of someone thrusting past the shrubbery follow her entrance. A breathless fellow comes into view. Momentary concern raises my head as ears press forward and a tight line is setting firm across my jaw. Though the moment I catch sight of his huge grin and nervous excitement the display is enough to tug a small grin across my lips and relax a rigid pose, "Aye, Kipling, welcome."

Rasta comes along, unencumbered by her mate or guide. How said girl managed to get around as effectively as she did was a mystery. "Rasta, good to see ye. Where is Alleo?" I'd not seen the fellow for many moons. My Legatus follows, trailed by Africa and Silas. Honeyed stare lingers on the dappled healer for a moment longer than needed. It was no secret that my heart was pleased to see her still among us. Fina remains surprisingly silent as Neve whistles an offtune song. I straighten and force my attention to others. They mill in rather swifty, some lingering in their accustomed positions toward the rear, others grouping with kin.

When a suitable number had gathered, I tap my foot to the grey slat below our toes and call attention to the hushed mass, "Welcome," voice boomed. Gilded stare passes over the group, allowing them a moment to settle. Silence. "Our clan has inherited a new sister," focus travels to her, "She stands as a Medic for Hidden Falls," tone softens but loses no volume, "I present Africa to ye."

Another moment of quiet. "Dragons Throat is now seeking the guidance from Gaucho and his mate Sohalia -- I have secured their allegiance." The dragon folk were among those I trusted most in this land, "I encourage all to take advantage of this; be it sharing knowledge, crafts or battle skill."

The sour part of my announcements was yet to come. I took a breath, and try to swallow sudden tightness, "Ye might have heard a rumor on the wind," yar, tis hard to work my tongue in a desert dry mouth, "Seele vanished a few months prier to Frostfall setting in." I have to tell them; there are those among us that would never know otherwise. "It is with a heavy heart that I announce her death." Those weeks I spent healing were suddenly not enough to branch the gaps of pain that reaps sadness. "Those who wish to discuss the details of her passing, may meet with me later."

Where was her sister? "Ghost," I was thankful to be done with my side of the announcements, "What news do the spies bring regarding murders in Helovia?"

@[ghost]

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Fortune (Herd Meeting) - by Midas - 12-15-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Fortune (Herd Meeting) - by Ghost - 12-15-2014, 10:44 AM
RE: Fortune (Herd Meeting) - by Essetia - 12-15-2014, 01:17 PM
RE: Fortune (Herd Meeting) - by Kipling - 12-15-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Fortune (Herd Meeting) - by Rasta - 12-15-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: Fortune (Herd Meeting) - by Rostislav - 12-16-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Fortune (Herd Meeting) - by Africa - 12-16-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: Fortune (Herd Meeting) - by Agrona - 12-16-2014, 05:25 PM