Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Her mouth pressed into a thin line as Midas voiced his forgiveness then asked the same of her. "I do." She said after what felt like an eternity. "But it is difficult." She wondered if he would understand or if he would think she was crazy. "I was ... angry ... for a long time after you took over the Falls. I told myself that I would never go there, not even if my superiors told me to." How many times had she asked him to move to the Falls and stay with her? How many times had he told her no? He had asked the same of her, though he knew how she felt about the Throat. There was a difference in the positions, however, and that difference was that she was not living in the Throat now.

"I was angry because no matter how many times I asked you refused. Then the Earth God tells you and you go." Perhaps it was bold of her to assume that the Earth God had told Midas to go to the Falls, but Ktulu knew that the Gods had chosen their own leaders for their land after the darkness. "What I don't understand is why you were so resistant when you worship the Earth God so thoroughly and claimed to love your family so much. Were your ties to a plot of land that much more important than your god? Your family?"

She would probably never understand Midas' reasoning because she did not have the ties to any particular land like he did. She was not born and raised in Helovia, she had been a refugee from Isilme and had known little of the gods and their lands. Truly the only god she had known for the longest was the Earth God and it was only because he had healed her legs. After her final question she remained quiet, wondering if she had crossed the line with her questions, but not caring if she did. Didn't she have a right to know why he had refused her?

"Has Hototo or Ranjiri paid ye a visit? Thee is a grandmare now."

Her sides heaved as she coughed, choked on her own saliva and the knowledge that one of her children had a child"No..." She said in response to Midas' first question. "Which one?" She prayed that it was not Hototo who had a child. She wasn't ready for her oldest to be a father, but neither was she ready for her youngest to be a mother. "Tell me about the child."

"."
@[Midas]

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
They cut right into me - by Midas - 12-15-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: They cut right into me - by Midas - 12-16-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: They cut right into me - by Ktulu - 12-17-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: They cut right into me - by Midas - 12-21-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: They cut right into me - by Ktulu - 12-22-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: They cut right into me - by Midas - 12-23-2014, 09:13 AM
RE: They cut right into me - by Ktulu - 12-23-2014, 10:52 PM