the Rift

[OPEN] They cut right into me
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Ktulu doesn't belittle my question or mock the intent, instead I'm treated to hear an honest reply; one without bitterness or begotten remorse. However small the measure, my soul is comforted by this knowledge that she found a sanctuary in this twisted world-- a land to call home. Say true and it was promising place, the Edge. There is a notion in my mind that they might become our latest outreach for allies and hopeful friends.

Apollo had bore their invitation and would be heading to the borders soon --if he wasn't already among them. The faintest hints of a genuine smile glimmered past the brim of uncertain grief. "Children?" I mused, when she mentions Lakota and a desire for family. "Such is possible?" Nar, it wasn't my aim to be rude, but the union of pair for procreation was often a male/female combination. Had the gods decided to change foundational rules?

Another round of questions. Directed for me. A momentary beam is chased back in its hole, ashy lips pinch together as I quietly ponder on what stirred Ktulu. Why was she preoccupied with my life? Why bothered asking past formalities. Yar...why did it matter one way or another. Maybe age, or perhaps guilt and pity had softened her unyielding spirit. The girl who turned her back in the woods and walked out of my life, she was nothing but a shadow.

One day, Seele would join that rank.

I heavily consider forcing a false mask, brushing her comment aside and bidding our reunion good day. But. When was the last time this soul felt at ease? Content with our world? Though I've made and been part of many happy memories, none are lasting. There is silence toward her question; for many long moments my unfocused gaze slipped elsewhere to multiple unimpressive spots beyond the clouds. "Aye," lips move to form the word, but my heart yearned for other things, "There are moments that make everything worthwhile..." With most of Asylum gone or deceased...yon Falls wasn't a horrible place to build a home; yar, my mind could think of far worst.

I take a long breath before turning to face Ktulu. We'd both been honest, open thusfar. "There is... someone who brings a little light in this life. Among the shadows that haunt me." An image of her gentle face flutters alive, haloed by heavens fire; almost instantly I shrank from it and sealed the life cord which feed my emotions. "Aye, someone," flat, though almost a whisper.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
They cut right into me - by Midas - 12-15-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: They cut right into me - by Midas - 12-16-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: They cut right into me - by Ktulu - 12-17-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: They cut right into me - by Midas - 12-21-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: They cut right into me - by Ktulu - 12-22-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: They cut right into me - by Midas - 12-23-2014, 09:13 AM
RE: They cut right into me - by Ktulu - 12-23-2014, 10:52 PM
RE: They cut right into me - by Midas - 12-27-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: They cut right into me - by Ktulu - 01-02-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: They cut right into me - by Midas - 01-05-2015, 10:02 AM