the Rift

[OPEN] !! Absolute

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

See, herbs had been her life. It was the only thing that she could work on before she had been promoted to Moon Doctor to help heal everyone. And, now that the position was stripped from her she was back to the herbs. She was back to the mindless memorization that calmed the anxiety that forever bubbled inside of her. It was a way to be normal, a way to find strength - even though she didn't know that it was doing such a thing.

The young black companion tried to get Valiance's attention, which he caught but not enough to get Valiance off of Res' poll. At least, he didn't move until she went to start teaching. Explaining the pine only to see that the mare before her doesn't really care. Her voice coming in as if it were late - not like she was processing the information. And the smile, was it even true? What little shred of confidence had been building inside the mare disappeared. She shuddered as Valiance placed the pine back on the ground and grabbed the Angelica. "Angelica," Res whispered, taking in a deep breath, trying to ignore the reaction she could only assume had been disinterested and forge on as if it hadn't happened. "It helps with childbirth, colds, and depression. There's enough for about five or six pregnant mares."

But she stops. Valiance carefully placing the Angelica back where it came from. She shakes her head, biting back the tears and the uncertainty. "Y-you don't care. I don't b-blame you. The herbs are boring anyway… b-boring when you have everyone else to be around," She chokes up, stepping back a little as Valiance grabs the chamomile and drops the white flowers directly on top of Tandavi, should she not have moved. And then, with a swish of his tail close to her face he swoops back toward Res, curling up on her poll and wrapping his wings around the top of her head. It was an attempt to comfort her, as he let out a few clicks. "There's enough chamomile for twelve horses with minor afflictions," a pause, as she stutters, "it does p-pretty much every-vrything if you use it in the correct m-manner… I'd g-go into detail, but if yo-you don't care I won't w-waste your time."

She shouldn't have expected them to care. She shouldn't have ever expected anyone to care. She had tried to teach the Edge, and even then it seemed that few nurses even took the time to try and learn anything that she gave them. Eyes fell shut as she took in a few shuddering breaths - attempting to stabilize herself as she fought the anxiety already within her system.

Why did she try?

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Absolute - by Resplendence - 12-15-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: !! Absolute - by Tandavi - 12-23-2014, 03:39 AM
RE: !! Absolute - by Resplendence - 12-27-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: !! Absolute - by Tandavi - 12-31-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: !! Absolute - by Resplendence - 01-01-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: !! Absolute - by Tandavi - 01-06-2015, 01:52 AM