the Rift

[OPEN] Answer me this

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
The time has come when I can no longer be left wanting. No longer be left waiting. I cannot stand by and hope for the best. Just as it was after the Darkness, I am left searching for the love of my life. My heart hangs heavy, cracks of doubt forming in the pulsing organ. Africa's sudden disappearance from the Throat left many stunned, myself among them. Was it something I'd done? Why wouldn't she tell me so I could right my wrong? Was it something else? Why wouldn't she tell me so I could comfort her worries? When she had failed to return, I waited. I kept telling myself that she would return. I have responsibilities in the Throat now. As the lead sleuth, I need to be there to help protect my herd from other spies and to do the bidding of Gaucho and Sohalia. I do not resent Gaucho for taking Africa's place - obviously the herd needed another to step up in her absence. Gaucho, as Sohalia's mate and a previous Throat leader, was a perfectly logical choice. But that does not solve the problem at hand: where is my love?

It seemed that my relationship with the grey desert maiden was doomed from the beginning. So shortly after we met the Darkness had separated us. I was infected, a demented, pathetic Wraith. I was possessed and not in my right mind, and even if I'd had the wits to go find her I should not have. Upon my return to full health, I had no idea where she was, and it had seemed that not many knew either. I followed Midas to the Falls, knowing that I could trust him as a brother and as a savior who brought me from the brink of death. When I finally found Africa, she was back in the Throat - as a leader, no less! I followed her there, and our love was rekindled. It was beautiful, revolutionary. I thought that finally we would find happiness. That we could start our life together.

Until she disappeared.

Does she not want that for us? Does she not love me? I don't understand what went wrong, and why I find myself once again alone. I've done so much for her, and yet.... The puzzle pieces have never fit together. Is this a sign? Did she disappear because of me? All this confusion and heartbreak has brought me here to the Falls, my last home before rediscovering Africa. I fly over the border and down toward the pool in the middle of the land. I have no doubt Midas will sight me or Fina will be quick to let him know of my arrival. I land by the water and stand there, awaiting his arrival as I tuck my wings against my body. Midas may know where she has gone. He and Africa have always been close. Perhaps he has heard something that I have not.

WC: 493
Tag: @[Midas]

image credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-16-2014, 12:10 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-16-2014, 10:16 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-18-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-18-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 12-19-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-20-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-21-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 12-26-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 01-01-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 01-04-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 01-05-2015, 01:34 AM