the Rift

[OPEN] Answer me this
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I led a quiet march to the prisons/caverns. It was silent save for the muffled thump of feet against earth, and the comforting whoosh of alabaster wings thrusting at the air above our heads. Yar, my own swirling thoughts kept awkward silence at bay. They spent their time passionately clawing a path back to the surface. Alas, we weren't alone for long; Silas soon caught sight of us and came through the fragmented light and evergreen timber.

Fina stiffened visibly when she caught sight of him. His voice rose; was the Roc announcing our coming with gleeful passion or condemning it? His shriek made me feel the latter was the most likely of such two.

Feeling outdone, Fina's flamming tail spread, fanning in a rather prudish manner; she replied with equal rapport and angled away from him. Sulking. Neve soared to his level while squeaking in delight from witnessing yet another of her growing list of possible playmates. A sigh whelped in my chest -- to be quickly stifled. Their scoffing was rapidly becoming white noise. Africa's dappled grey body came on ahead, a greeting momentarily flashing across her lips before fading from sight when gentle pools caught the dark male behind me. Gilded pools narrowed, I drew to a halt and stepped aside. As one always did when they cared for the wellbeing of friends and family; though lately it seemed like I was always stepping aside for the sake of others.

Gaze shifted to the pair, I noted with mix feelings how Africa held back-- was she simply being reserved, or was the healer upset? "I'll leave ye." nodding toward them both, I slowly trailed off into the northern forest. Both ears are forcefully pressed hard forward. Neve lingered a moment longer, a pinched frown curling down her face. Softly she cooed to Africa attempting to bring back a beam which was true. I slipped beyond their sight, only when neither could see did I dare to look back.

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-16-2014, 12:10 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-16-2014, 10:16 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-18-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-18-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 12-19-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-20-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-21-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 12-26-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 01-01-2015, 10:57 PM