the Rift

[PRIVATE] Cover these scars

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

He spoke her full name, like a formal script falling off of his lips, and she couldn't help but let her eyes wander over the entire expanse of his body. The splashes of dunskin against the stark white, and his wings placed upon his strong sides left a feeling in her that could not be explained. After a final glance she was back to meeting his gaze attentively, ever silent as he made an additional comment on the zephyrs. She simply nodded to accept his close of that topic, obviously moving on to different ones. Since when had she been one to keep on a conversation for so long? Not that she had been talking much, but it had been a miracle that he had kept her present for this long, and even got so close as to touch her. Not that she was ever afraid of contact, but it was something that never entered her mindset until it was deemed necessary.

In their case, it had been, but then why had she felt so good when his maw was upon her shoulder. She shouldn't expect anything from it though, for who would look at her in such a way? Her coat was matte in color, no sheen or gloss despite its perfect health, her hair was tangled and knotted up, scraggly over her neck and brow in short tufts, having never been properly groomed by another. Her hips were bigger than most, her hooves chipped and feathers scraggly and dirty despite her attempts to clean them. December had never been beautiful, she was simply alive, and it showed in every inch of her being.

A wind passed suddenly through the caves, lashing at her with fierce intensity, and she could only close her eyes and embrace it, the smallest of soft smiles gracing her smoky muzzle. This moment, this silence, the feeling of him even a foot away was enough to calm her, to bring a peace through her that hadn't been present for so long. The way her muscles relaxed when she rested on one hoof more than the other showed her sudden change in emotion, and if time had passed like this, she most likely could have remained here forever. But her mind had been awakened once again by the kind male, speaking something so simple, yet so profound. It was enough for her to bring her eyes back to his, a sudden look of deep sadness pooling in their depths. As the clouds of air left her nostrils with each breath, she was intense in her gaze, and spoke in that soft, to the point tone once again,"How can one let go of the only thing they knew?" Her words sat, sinking deeper and deeper into the air around them, in whatever this was that the pair shared. It was only when he asked another question did she snap out of her stare, turning suddenly back to the caves again, a distant dripping further down the caverns catching her attention.

What should she say now? That it was just a place to her? That she felt no connection to anyone there save one soul, and that she had only gone there because the great Midas had caught her in a moment of weakness when she needed a place to stay? No, these were things that would set him off, perhaps push him away, making him realize that she was not the appealing thing he had come to find in this arch today. She couldn't lie though, that went against every fiber of what she lived for, and to go against herself was the worst crime of all in her mind. So her face was turning back to him, looking at him and outside briefly, before finally answering him in the only way she could; honestly,"It's a place where I rest my head. Where I have shelter and safety in numbers. It's lush forest with large waterfalls, that's all I can honestly say about it."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 670
Tag: Miykael
OOC: I'm sorry it's kind of rambly, I started off in different sittings and I'm half asleep, but I did it! I am completely fine with that, Aly bby is gorgeous! I also think it will give us more time to feel these two out, because I would feel better knowing that these two were more fleshed out, and now that you have your baby for baby fever, I'm completely fine with not having another foal for awhile too, there's no rush :)>

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Messages In This Thread
Cover these scars - by Miykael - 12-17-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: Cover these scars - by December - 12-19-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: Cover these scars - by Miykael - 12-29-2014, 01:43 AM
RE: Cover these scars - by December - 12-29-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Cover these scars - by Miykael - 01-05-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: Cover these scars - by December - 01-06-2015, 02:10 AM
RE: Cover these scars - by Miykael - 01-14-2015, 01:32 AM
RE: Cover these scars - by December - 01-15-2015, 05:36 PM