the Rift

THE SUN ALSO RISES

liriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

l i r i e l ;

Images of lush forests and desert oases dance in my mind. I’m lulled by the idea of this place, Helovia. It shocks me to think of it as home, the place is still so foreign beneath my hooves and the pine-laced air smells different than the earthy, humid jungles I once called home. And yet as much as it knocks me into dismayed nostalgia, it also makes me feel so so alive.

As I look between the mares, I consider them and their offers. Helovia is different than Castres. We didn’t have herds, just a centralized group where everyone lived under the same hierarchy and the only choice we had to make was what role we wanted to play. It makes me nervous to take the leap into one herd or the other, perhaps only slightly because I worry about hurting the feelings of one of these kind hosts that I’ve only just met. I suppose there’s a third option; Elsa mentioned that I could live on my own, outside the four herdlands. Both the other Pegasus and the unicorn advised me against that and although it seems to offer the most freedom, I can’t imagine the solitude that must come with it.

I’m further intrigued by the roles the mares describe to me. Sikeax is a healer and I find myself fully interested by the idea of helping and healing others. I can’t help but think my father would be proud of me for making that choice and the idea of his approval makes my heart soar. The question, then, is who should I heal for. The two lands sound inviting and I can imagine already the mist clinging to the forests of the Hidden Falls and the sun glimmering off the oasis pool in Dragon’s Throat. It dawns on me just how much I miss my home already – separated from it by only a few days but by the knowledge that that gap will continue to grow, a wound that will never heal. I am at home amidst the trees and although Elsa’s Hidden Falls are far from Castres I feel a hint of familiarity blooming inside of me at the idea of them.

“I think I will follow Elsa to Hidden Falls. The forests and the falls remind me of home; I think I will like it there.” I pause, glancing at the young Sikeax and smiling gently at her. “Your home sounds equally as lovely and I would be honored to see it sometime. I do hope we cross paths again?” My tone is hopeful and slightly pleading for her not to be disappointed or mad that I’ve chosen against her oasis. I turn back to Elsa and her fantastic little ice bird. “I am greatly excited to see this wondrous place you’ve described – and I think that I’d enjoy the life of a medic, as you’ve called them.”

------------------

a brief note: merry christmas to you both! and forgive my new-ness, but how do we go about the next step in liriel's joining - should i make a thread in hidden falls?

@[Elsa] @[Sikeax]

Messages In This Thread
THE SUN ALSO RISES - by liriel - 12-17-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: THE SUN ALSO RISES - by Elsa - 12-17-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: THE SUN ALSO RISES - by Sikeax - 12-17-2014, 06:39 PM
RE: THE SUN ALSO RISES - by liriel - 12-17-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: THE SUN ALSO RISES - by Elsa - 12-17-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: THE SUN ALSO RISES - by Sikeax - 12-19-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: THE SUN ALSO RISES - by liriel - 12-19-2014, 03:05 PM
RE: THE SUN ALSO RISES - by Elsa - 12-20-2014, 09:06 AM
RE: THE SUN ALSO RISES - by Sikeax - 12-25-2014, 03:27 AM
RE: THE SUN ALSO RISES - by liriel - 12-25-2014, 11:48 AM