the Rift

[OPEN] Sins of our Fathers

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

I needed to leave the Throat. There was so much hustle and bustling happening, what with the capture of the pink spy (did Father ever say what her name was?), Father's quest, and the approaching festival of the Sun. Everyone was running around and it seemed like no one had the time to just stop and say hello. I'm probably being sensitive - I miss Ivezho and Mother - but so what if I am? I'm allowed aren't I? I just ... I just needed some space.

So I went this way.

I've never been here before. I can see that there's a path up the side of the mountain to this plateau, but of course I didn't take it. I flew. My wings are stronger now, and my flying isn't so awkward. I'm not terribly fast yet, but I'm getting there. Vaguely I wonder if I'm one of the ones who makes things hard for Tavi and Alija .. having wings I realize that I see things differently. The path down there could be horribly covered with mud or stones and I wouldn't even know it, because I would never walk down there. Why stroll when you could fly? But .. I'm starting to realize that maybe it's that sort of thinking that makes Tavi feel like an outsider. Maybe that's why the basin unicorns hate us - do we make them feel like that too? I don't understand it. I don't feel bad just because I have a horn. But maybe wings are just better?

I don't know. It seems complicated and I just ... it doesn't make sense to me.

Landing in the field I look around. It is quiet, and I sigh happily. I fold my wings against my flanks, which continue to pulse and glow with the burning light that they emit. It isn't quite as impressive as Father's flaming wings but .. I suppose it's alright. I look around, letting the slight breeze comb back my ashen mane. It feels nice against my skin, and I notice that I've grown slightly sweaty on the flight over, but I don't care. I don't have anyone to impress, and Father isn't around to tell me that I should be training and conditioning.

Right now I don't want to be a prince. I don't want to be anything, except alone.

For @[Arya]

Talking.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-19-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-19-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-22-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 01-03-2015, 01:35 AM