the Rift

[OPEN] Sins of our Fathers

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
Hundred years, hundred more
Someday we may see a woman king, sword in hand.

Swing at some evil and bleed.

Arya felt her ears slam back against her skull as the boy spoke. He made claims of honor and tried to pin her mother as some villain. Everything that had been pent up began to bubble at to the surface. Had circumstances been different she knew there would’ve been potential for friendship, but any who justified that villain’s actions were no friend of hers.

“Do not call what he did honorable! Do not try to paint him as some kind of saint. He wasn’t some valiant hero trying to defend his people. All he was trying to do was salvage his pride because my mother outwitted him. He couldn’t handle the thought that he and his herd mates were incapable of protecting their own possessions.” Arya said. “And that’s all she stole, items. I never heard about the dead bodies and if she did something she had a good reason.”

Part of her wished to scream at the boy. Part of he wanted to take out all of the misery she felt and force him to bear her burden. As of late all she had been was helpless. Youth prevented her from accomplishing anything. She had once believed herself just as capable as any adult, but that belief died with the filly that bled out in the snow. Now she was simply a bitter adolescent. Never once would she have expected her life to become what it was.

Arya laughed at his final words. She shook her head and narrowed her gaze as her fit of malicious giggles ceased. “My mother was doing her duty. I will not resent the fact she did what she was tasked with. As for “justice”, my mother wouldn’t look into the eyes of a child and say “this her doing.” My mother wouldn’t leave a child ON THEIR OWN! MY MOTHER IS TWICE THE PERSON YOUR FATHER EVER WILL BE!” Every ounce of anger she had felt over the past few days exploded and she unleashed the fire that burned in her heart. But the fire dulled and turned to but simmering coals as the sorrow took hold. Her irrational passions settled and she allowed the tears she had bottled up for so long slip down her cheeks. “The wrongs of a father don’t reflect upon the son… I-I… Shouldn’t… I’m sorry for attacking you. What your father did isn’t our fault. There isn’t a point in arguing as it’s unlikely I’ll change your mind.”

She sniffled and inhaled deeply. When she thought she had composure she tried to offer him an awkward smile. “I can’t start over… But I don’t want old grudges between our herds to divide us because I.. I am tired of being alone. I’m Arya.”

The desire for at least neutrality didn’t mean her hatred toward this Gaucho had been settled. It only meant she would bide her time. It only meant she wouldn't let her opinion of another be her opinion of his son. She doubted any chance of redemption within this boy's eyes but she would at least try.

"talk talk talk"

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Messages In This Thread
Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-19-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-19-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-22-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 01-03-2015, 01:35 AM