the Rift

[OPEN] Sins of our Fathers

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
Hundred years, hundred more
Someday we may see a woman king, sword in hand.

Swing at some evil and bleed.

As the huntress absorbed stories, she absorbed Rhoa’s words. Her mind took in each syllable and began to build her mental image. With each description added her landscape grew. This place sounded like the precise opposite of her homeland. Where the Basin was crisp and cold, the Throat seemed dry and heated. All her life she had only heard stories of deserts. Part of her found it odd her father never even bothered to mention the Throat. There were many things her father had withheld from her as a child though. It was just one more thing to add to the list, and just another reason for her preference for her mother. Mostly the winged… It seemed as though maybe they weren’t that different in some ways. Each place offered sanctuary to one kind and she saw little issue with that. Yet she couldn’t help but wonder why unicorns craved the desert. There was the safety and kin of the Basin. Oh well, it wasn’t her place to know.

“Being small means you can be closely knit.” She said with a bit of a smile. “My herd feels so large… Yet I know so few faces there.” Only a handful she new by name and she was alright with that. As a child she had little interest in adults and their antics. Her mind was caught up in stories of extravagance and heroism. At his question both of her ears pricked forward. There was so much to the Basin and she couldn’t even find a place to start.

“Not all unicorns," She said. “We have one winged person there that I’ve seen. She still had a horn though.” She shrugged slightly. It was then she began to dig through her mind to find a way to describe the vastness that was the Basin. “It’s cold. Like reeaaaaallllyyy cold.” She paused and tried to find ways to describe it in a brief fashion. “The Basin is in the northern parts of Helovia tucked away in a mountain. When you enter there are two massive sentinels. They move and protect the Basin from intruders. There are hot springs. They are great on really cold day and there’s a lake to but I don’t really swim in or anything. I think most of us live in the network of caves in the Basin. Those aren’t the best part though.” A grin passed over her lips at the very thought of her favorite part of the Basin. “On some nights the Auroras come out. They are beams of color that dance across the night sky. When you look up it’s just… I can’t even find words to describe it. One you’ll have to fly up near the Basin so you can see them. You’ll never find anything like it in the Throat.” Or at least she assumed. How would she know what it was like there?

“One day I’m just going to wander Helovia. I’ll leave the Basin for awhile and go to see it all.” She gazed away from Rhoa and out toward the vast meadow. “I used to think the world was just a massive, beautiful place.” Her gaze flickered back toward Rhoa. “But now I know it’s just as dangerous as it is beautiful. Someday I want you to show me the Throat.” It wasn’t a request or a question, rather a statement. One day she would visit the place of her enemy and look upon it.

"talk talk talk"

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Messages In This Thread
Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-18-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-19-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 12-19-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Rhoa - 12-22-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Sins of our Fathers - by Arya - 01-03-2015, 01:35 AM