the Rift

[OPEN] You Don't Want to Dance With Me

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Come on in, the water's fine

Torleik would have considered himself a no-shit kind of man, too, though he was willing to put up with certain amounts of extraneous drivel in life depending on the situation. This particular scenario saw him playing the part of a character who was weary, in pain, and tolerant of less than no bullshit; not the best time to meet someone new, exactly - especially if that someone liked to play games.

That Solanine thought it was his responsibility to acquire a taste for her was humorous, as Torleik felt no obligation to like anyone, enjoy anyone's company, or give anyone the time of day who was not pleasant to him more than once or twice. However, one way he removed this obligation from his broad shoulders was to be polite or helpful the first time, regardless of the other person's actions, that way if they were ungrateful or refused to comply with social niceties, he could wash his hooves of them.

So he agreed to lead this mare to the hot springs - for why not? He was traveling there anyhow. And now, she seemed to speak. "Solanine; I will remember for the future." The general cocked his head to the side. "Strange set-up? How so?" queries the stallion, wondering what she could possibly mean. The trip was acceptably brief (he was already more than halfway there when he'd encountered this white-faced mare) so he did not have to suffer awkward traveling silence for long. They arrived and he presented to her without pomp or frills: the hot springs, then promptly plunged in.

She, on the other hand, took her time - which he did not understand - before finally slipping inside. Torleik studied her, the way she moved, the way the white marking on her face reminded him of a mask, the way she seemed to give almost the same amount of a shit about him than she might to the effort of casually mentioning the weather or participating in small talk. Torleik was no longer offended by this, only curious as to how she thought she could get much from life if she offered such a clearly self-centered picture of herself to others. Likely, he surmised, he hadn't seen her turn on the charm yet. All those like her, selfish, vain, self-absorbed, always had some switch they could flip and become a different, persuasive, charismatic equid.

The Bloodskald's audits flicked Solanine's direction when her voice murdered the silence, asking him what he did for Lady Ophelia. He raised a brow, slowly, deciding on a reply. What did he do for Ophelia? He hadn't the slightest idea. But this one didn't know that and didn't need to. "I am her General, but I do for my lady what she desires of me." Sure, that sounded different than what the plain truth really was, but why not gild it up a little, make it sound enticing and fun? Torleik could play if he wanted.

@[Solanine]

"talk talk talk"

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Solanine - 12-18-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Solanine - 12-19-2014, 02:50 AM
RE: You Don't Want to Dance With Me - by Torleik - 12-23-2014, 02:48 PM