the Rift

tuck me away in the secrets you keep

Brisé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

always a villain

Solitude was often referred to as a bad thing, something no one should have to suffer in. But Brisé did not see it that way. She wore solitude like a coat, letting it envelope and protect her from the outside world. It saved her heart from breaking and her mind from the chaos that controlled reality. It left her to do what she wanted when she desired. Yet there was always this emptiness to the withdraw she thrived in. All her emotions were smothered and she felt dead most of the time. This numbness swallowed her constantly but she refused to take off her jacket of seclusion in fear of what could happen should she open up to the world.

The forest that stood proud around her was a challenge, she was sure of it. It was daring her to find herself, to lose the cloak of loneliness and sorrow she had wound herself in. This whole land was a test, to see whether or not Brisé would break under the pressure or survive. Being stripped of her identity was a mere amusement to fate, for Brisé was just a pawn in the great game of life. Little did destiny know that Brisé had no intentions of bowing down and taking the misery it inflicted upon her in stride. She was tired of hiding, of being along. Delicate damsels that needed a knight in shining armor waited in their towers, but Brise had burned hers down and was saving herself now.

So Brisé had run until she stumbled upon a vast expanse of trees with a melting pot of horses flowing in and out. Almost like blood through a vein. The vixen was heaving vastly, her curves chiseled and highlighted with sweat. There was a spark in her eyes, one that could ignite into a fire if stoked. Her face remained void and distant, it was starting to become her signature look. After running miles through a portal and shedding any past life she might have lived you would think she would feel at least a bit nervous or ecstatic. But no matter how hard Brisé tried all she could feel was a small spark of undefined emotion.

Slowly down to a lazy jog Brisé took in her surroundings critically. It was early dawn judging by the color of the pink sky through the newly budding foliage. She could see clouds of her breath in the dim light, not a good sign. That meant it was very early morning and the sun hadn't started warming the lands yet. That meant no one would be here. A frustrated groan flew through her lips echoing eerily through the empty forest.

Well I might as well rest a bit while I wait. Brisé stopped wandering and scoured for a comfortable place to rest. Finding a tree thickly padded in moss she quickly settled down and closed her eyes. She did not drift off to sleep for a long time, only when the birds started chirping did she slip into a mindless oblivion. After a few hours Brisé stirred back into consciousness, blinking her weary eyes softly as she awoke. Yawning softly the mare stood stretching daintily. A blaring high noon sun greeted her and she could not help but smile for a second.

Her call was cold and resonated harshly through the spring air. It held a certain pride and authority that most would have to turn to see what could give off such a sound. Brisé could only hope the right horse's attention was caught and directed at her. So she stood expectant and rigid, still exhausted. Still no feelings arose in her chest as she stood waiting to make one of the biggest decisions of life. There was not even a flutter of her heart.

even when I'm not

Full image with credits
Coding © Henley

Messages In This Thread
tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 10:38 PM