the Rift

tuck me away in the secrets you keep

Brisé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

always a villain
even when I'm not

Brisé was tempted to smile back at him but decided against it. She had let her guard down and put minimal trust in the stallion already. There was no need to do anything else. She was no longer wary or questioning his motives. Brisé was almost comfortable in a way. She was in the company of a rather interesting brute of whom she did not want to choke out and his beastly companion. She was expecting something much different this day but she was not complaining about this particular moment. It must have been a long time since she had a simple friend to talk to, for she knew somehow that she would not have left wherever she came from unless she was all alone and lost. She was still lost, but a little less lonely.

Brisé listened to his reply respectfully and could not help but smirk as he finished talking. "It shows it's not every day you talk to some amnesia stricken emotionless mare, did you know that?" She still did not smile but her tone was a bit lighter than before and teasing in a comforting way. "Who knows, I might get them back. I can't say for certain whether or not I want them but I will learn sooner or later, right? Karma's a bitch that just loves a good laugh." She chuckled hoarsely, a sound that was painful to listen to. Brisé definitely had some work to do. After she spoke again the stallion had smiled broader and yet again she was forced to shove away a smile. She had still just met him and did not want to give off the wrong impression. Brisé was being a bit irrational but who wouldn't be after losing virtually everything. So she stood with some guard up, some down like a half built bridge swaying in the upcoming hurricane.

Perhaps she would no longer have to worry about putting up a front. With a herd she would have everything she needed and would not need to fear the dangers a lone mare did. She would be surrounded by those who supported her. From the way the brute before her spoke and acted they were a sturdy herd with an important foundation of kinship. But Brisé was still hesitant. She wasn't ready to open herself up to the world. Last time she had taken a risk she has gambled away everything. Now she trusted nothing entirely, not even fate. She was backed into a wall and she had no idea where to turn next. She was a chess piece moving one square at a time without a strategy.

As she asked about his tattoo Brisé saw the look of surprise shadow his face. A few moments later a mask of repulsion took over his face and was directed towards the hell hound. She looked at him curiously. There was so much she had yet to learn of these lands, and this bond between animals and equines was definitely one of them. When he spoke he stuttered slightly and this time Brisé laughed fluently, a sound that was much easier on the ears. She did not pry further however and merely smirked at the awkward silence. "That embarrassing, huh? Don't worry I won't question you any further though it is a bit comical at how bluntly ashamed you are of it." Her comment held a superior tone with a bit of a taunting nature to it. This was definitely becoming more and more entertaining.

With the thrusting of his head and the way his hooves twitched Brisé noticed how impatient he was getting about wanting to leave. "We shall." Her reply was curt and cold, back to her old tone. Her face was still painted with amusement and she held herself in a much more casual way now though. She looked at him one last time before taking a step towards him. There was no going back now. She had broken her barrier of solitude and left it shattered on the forest floor. Brisé took a deep breath and watched intently as she awaited d'Artagnan to lead the way.

OOC| You and me both. I am kind of interested to see as well.... XD So, are we finished with the thread now or do you want to post again just to wrap it up real quick? @[d'Artagnan]

Coding © Henley

Messages In This Thread
tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: tuck me away in the secrets you keep - by Brisé - 12-19-2014, 10:38 PM