the Rift

~ Uncover My Roots ~

Elecampane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Daybreak presented a flushed array of pinks and yellows, as the light of the incoming, spring warmth woke the land. The soft calling of the first returning birds hinted the season’s namesake, and even a few insects had sprung from their weather-proof hideaways. The air carried the moist, fresh scents of pine, wildflowers and wet earth, as the flora had begun to emerge once again. Unfortunately, mud still lined the forest floor, making the traction horrid, especially for those whose feet weren’t designed for such slippery conditions.

A large-bodied figure trudged through the muck, grumbling as he went. What had possessed the brute to wander this far west was beyond him! He had managed to survive his second frostfall, but had certainly developed a distaste for the unpleasant weather both during and following, despite the matted, sable-colored carpet that covered his back.

Ele had begun his trek long before the sky had gotten the chance to turn blue, though now the pale light of early morning was finally graduating into full-fledged sunlight. The rays danced among the evergreens, spotting the landscape with golden pools. The luminescence glinted off of the spiraling bone structures that graced the dark creature’s head. The spaces between the branches, where the sun soaked through, showered the massive equine with a yellowy-white glow that made his coat look a far paler shade of champagne than what it really was.

He paused, taking a moment to drink his surroundings. This neck of the wood bore an ominous presence that Ele had never sensed before. The trees were alive with some dominant force that persuaded one to venture deeper into its midst; one that the colt was happy to indulge. Ele lived for seeking out situations like this—where a force he could not explain compelled him to take an action that would seem somewhat odd to others. Normally, one would flee from this unfamiliar, uncomfortable, compelling feeling he was experiencing now. But the excitement of it tickled the beast, and so he continued on his way, scanning the strange place for signs of company, of one sort or another.

OOC: Will get around to making a code for this guy soon <3

Messages In This Thread
~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Elecampane - 12-19-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Cashmere - 12-19-2014, 11:38 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Solanine - 12-20-2014, 01:44 AM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Elecampane - 12-21-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Cashmere - 12-21-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Solanine - 12-22-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Elecampane - 12-22-2014, 09:39 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Cashmere - 12-25-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Solanine - 12-29-2014, 12:22 AM
RE: ~ Uncover My Roots ~ - by Elecampane - 01-12-2015, 12:30 AM