the Rift

Trust your heart if the seas catch fire

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas
I was a blessed man, a delighted specimen made of the stars and heavenly light, an utter anomaly. But nothing short of fucking fantastical.

For months I’d wandered from one village to the next, sharing their drink and tasting their foreign delicacies (however they were presented) before moving onto the next town and the next opportunity to achieve greatness. I’d seen many things and talked to a great many people. Some were lowly thieves and others decadent aristocrats, but never did I settle for their riches or their niceties for I have never been one for such material things. My mind was and is a wandering thing that remains as restless as my affections for I am an unsettled creature, a vagrant too drunk on life to pass out in any one pair of arms. I seek knowledge and beauty and life in its rawest form. I’ve yet to encounter all three in unanimity and so I continue searching, reaching for the hearts of strangers, touching their souls and hoping to find relief… even if it never comes.

With experiences comes confidence and an everlasting longing for more, for everything to be accessible at the tip of my toes. I am ravenous for the truth of things and it is a hunger that I cannot escape even in the depths of night when my needs are limitless. It is that undying starvation that pushes me to tempt and pursue whoever might satisfy my demons.

When I finally reached Helovia, I was absolutely ecstatic. The rumors had yet been proven true, but as I gazed out into the open forest with knowing eyes, I couldn’t help but feel somehow satiated. If the tales I’d heard were indeed fact and not mere myth, I had a good feeling that this little slice of paradise would entail a more thorough investigation. It appeared much larger than most of my prior stops but a simple haul nonetheless. However, the dense wood that greeted me upon arrival was peculiar and vastly different from the many I’d encountered before. There was a plethora of intermingled scents, some male, some female, and some just highly questionable… how strange.

Without another creature in close vicinity, I took it upon myself to navigate through the greening underbrush alone. I’d never seen anything quite like it and while I was still endlessly curious, I was also mildly tense. I was but one lost soul amongst a sea of nameless ruffians. Without gatekeepers how did they expect to repel unwanted visitors? Or was it more likely they welcomed everything with open arms? In that case, I assumed I was the least of their worries… after all, who in their right mind would turn me away? One smile and a dip of the head was usually all it took before the innocents granted me permission into their homes. But I did wonder if such mediocrity applied here… Would it truly be that easy?

Whether it be male or female, most animals were quite captivated by my appearance and uninhibited charisma. I was born of two rather plain, traditional specimens that I called mother and father for a time before leaving. They were of no importance to me now considering they had been content to dwell in their rabbit hole for all of eternity… I had not been created to be subdued and I would be damned if ever someone tried. Pretty faces or intelligent beings as they were held no bearing on me; I was untamed and would remain as such.

With the path growing wider up ahead, I eased into a fluid gait while casting a dual-colored gaze towards the densely patterned forest. With one orange eye and the other blue, I’d been subject to speculation in previous civilizations but I did stand to wonder what would become of me here. I’d been gifted with night as a cloak and the feathering of a dove as my deception. I was certainly not an evil man but a man nonetheless… I required so very much in life and felt entitled to my expectations. Women were clearly a thing of significance to me, but I never intended to settle for just one. If such a woman were able to understand that then a bond of sorts could be considered, but in any other context they were refused.

Upon reaching a small clearing, I paused to rest after a long day’s journey. With a long midnight colored tail trailing behind, I felt quite out of place. The new spring colors seemed to clash against me making me long for nightfall and the ominous awaking of my soul. Now I assumed I had only to wait… for whatever might happen from here on out. "talk talk talk"
Coding by Tamme | Image Credits

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
Trust your heart if the seas catch fire - by Atlas - 12-21-2014, 01:56 PM