the Rift

Trust your heart if the seas catch fire

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas
All around me, the earth seemed to shudder into life with birdsong echoing through the trees in various pitch. Somewhere off in the distance a small stream surged between foreign banks and at times, if I concentrated hard enough, I could hear its bubbling laughter above the soft breeze. Whatever this place was, or is?, reminded me of beauty, grandeur… and for once I was at ease. Leaves trembled overhead when the wind was strong enough to shake them from upon their limb and I turned dual-colored eyes above to watch them. A swallow with beady, black eyes appeared to notice me mid-primp and quickly ruffled into positon before squawking at me from her perch. I assumed she cared for a nest nearby and sought to distract me from her hungry, newborn chicks.

Right, because I intended to climb the trunk and eat them.

Impatiently, I waited until I had shifted enough to wear away the topsoil beneath my hooves. It muddied the midnight blue upon which I walked and when I looked down to survey the damage, I scowled with frustration. How long would it be before I was greeted? What dunce would I encounter? Or maybe I was just waiting in vain. Either way, I was quite certain that I would find entry to this mysterious chunk of sex. This place was absolutely fantastic.

When most of the day had slipped by without event or really much of anything, I was tempted to forgo this queer little waiting game until I was alerted to the scuffling of… hooves? Whatever it was sounded weightless or at the very least not of equine descent. As the sound drew closer I lifted a cobalt banner in what many would consider an unnecessary show of dominance. However, the creature that parted the trees was not in any way shape or form mortal. She was a glassy figurine with eyes of lavender and magic, not to mention I could see her fucking heart inside her chest. Her heart! Beating! I couldn’t decide whether or not to gasp or laugh at the sight of her… I was certain now, this place was fucking phantasmal.

The glass-girl asked me a quick series of questions and I tried my best to focus on what she said, but honestly, who the hell could concentrate around her? I was overcome with the need to touch her and see if she felt as smooth as she looked. I was on the verge of asking her just that when another black beast emerged from beyond. This mare was decidedly less interesting given the fact I was biased when it came to drafts. I couldn’t have my woman towering over me after all… those pairs were so often subject to speculation and ridicule. But she did have some curious eyes, solid white. I wondered if there was any real way of knowing just where she focused them.

I chuckled at the thought.

The dark girl prattled on about some Basin or other… and homes and blah, blah, blah- a broken record clearly. Of course everything each of them said seemed to appear rehearsed. Either they’d done this kind of thing more than once or I was obviously a bore… Of course I’d have to settle with the latter on that one. Before I could open my mouth to drool, spit, or even talk, another lady wandered into our growing numbers. She was a desert woman with bright, mischievous eyes -a weakness of mine- but just like the others she offered no real insight… just some “welcome” jargon that I couldn’t help but grimace about. Was it is like this with everyone? Did they flick their tongue over the same words every time some new creature wandered into their midst? Or maybe they were cursed by a fucking sorceress of monotony and gloom. Either way, I was still flattered by their attention.

I was male after all.

Three- well make that two (I was still uncertain about the third) beautiful women had come to greet me! I couldn’t be ashamed of that. The glass-girl was still something of a question in my mind though. She existed on some other plane, some other reality that ceased to make sense in this world. However, I did have to wonder if the mares were somehow connected with the great Goddess Diana. Maybe they were her forest nymphs and I their Gallatea. Had they been soiled by cupid’s arrow, intent on destroying their virginal vows to the forest’s huntress? Whatever the case, I assumed I could get used to their curious eyes and devout attention.

Ladies, I am Atlas of nowhere in particular. Not real sure of these places you come from but I’m more than interested in settling here, in… wherever the hell we are,” I gestured loosely. “I’m not in any real need of assistance, but I’m not man enough to turn away the help of beautiful women. Just tell me what I need to know,” I smiled at each in turn. Jorogumo, Dröm, and the glass-girl… what a welcoming committee. "talk talk talk"
Coding by Tamme | Image Credits

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire - by Atlas - 12-23-2014, 08:18 PM