the Rift

[OPEN] this house burns me to bones

Malachi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

malachi

I know the detriment of falling. The feet, the small bone-woven toe is the foundation of what makes this body live. I feel the gravel rolling beneath me, my hollow body pressing deeper into Essetia's shoulder. I find my thoughts traveling again. But not ahead or behind. They go to the sky, right above my head, my gaze. My thoughts pray for the first time. They see the whiteness of a question and the blackness of a wish, and the words tumble out of my gray lips, feeling frozen as the gray tone that climbs over the lump in my throat. "Oh God," I start and my eyes catch the sun glint against the sneer of jagged rock, bruising pupil. But I hang on, feeling the gravel catch as the weight of one hoof quells movement beneath. My heart falls like my body would, slipped on the last surge of tingling fear. It washes over like sweat, rushes like the feeling of blindness. Oh God.

But my ears numbly tick the hoofbeats of another, my eyes lifting, though still bruised by the sun's lashing rays. I can't make out her silhouette against morning but I feel Essetia lift her head beside me to acknowledge the soul. I hear the voice: "take rest," but can't believe what I hear. Eyes still fumble to focus on this strange command. My legs obey and sway with the suddenness of obligation. I can't believe that we've arrived with three more miniscule shifts of position. But I close my eyes, watching the spots swirl behind red eyelids. I listen to them, the sounds of able bodies and arriving.

I fade.

@[Essetia] and @[Africa] sorry for the wait, just pushed out a few final projects!
We can end here if you don't want to post once more. I'm just having him rest before I start a thread recounting the next day.

Messages In This Thread
this house burns me to bones - by Malachi - 12-21-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: this house burns me to bones - by Essetia - 12-22-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: this house burns me to bones - by Malachi - 12-23-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: this house burns me to bones - by Africa - 12-27-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: this house burns me to bones - by Essetia - 12-29-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: this house burns me to bones - by Malachi - 01-08-2015, 08:02 PM
RE: this house burns me to bones - by Africa - 01-08-2015, 09:49 PM