the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Week From Hell

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

A feral grin crossed her feline face at the analogy Ktulu had used. War. Lakota knew war well, and knew it even better when by her mate's side. She could still recall the taste of death on her tongue, the promise of blood when she'd seen her beloved fall on the battlefield. Nothing could have separated her from Ktulu even then, long before romantic sentiments had taken root in her soul.

Leaping down from the tree with as little real distance achieved as she could manage, rounded ears kept themselves rigidly on her lover's new form. Whether it was her new form's instincts or her own desire to be aware of whatever next fell from her lips was uncertain. There was little doubt that they would win what Ktulu had dubbed their new war. Nothing had stopped them in the past, and Lakota would see this particular battle through no matter how hard it got. With Ktulu supporting her and wading through it simultaneously at her side, she wouldn't fail.

Lakota's new sensitive hearing caught the tremulous swallow, and instead of a new surge of bloodlust, she instead felt sympathy and an overwhelming surge of love. Even overwhelmed by her own fear, Ktulu was still her rock, her guiding light in the maelstrom she'd become for a few moments. She loved the stupid, foolhardy warrior more than she'd ever imagined being capable of. All she wanted was to be just as stupid and foolhardy for the rest of her life with Ktulu.

Stepping slowly closer, Lakota forced her tail to sink and her frame to minimize, hoping to console her mate's instinctive side by showing herself as less of a threat. Not that it was easy, considering their sole size difference. Fear choked her throat at the idea of moving closer, the fresh memory of how she'd almost hurt Ktulu making her reluctant to be so close once more. Still, she could not reject the Constrictor, could not stamp down on her wish for her own selfish weakness.

Slowly lowering herself, Lakota wrapped herself partially around the little fawn body and couldn't help but laugh. "Who's the little one now, huh Ktulu?" she chortled, fangs gleaming in profound amusement. Lakota had grown used to Ktulu towering over her, had even learned to take comfort in being protected and held by her mate, but it was still amusing. Especially because Ktulu often lovingly teased her for her petite form. Perhaps it would distract the both of them to revert to the easy banter that had first led to their friendship, and founded the base of their relationship.

Her heart swelled when Ktulu's mind conjured a similar idea, and she sighed longingly at the mere idea of her future foals. Their future foals. "Oh, Ktulu. I don't care what they look like or what gender they are, I already love them so much." It was wistful and so full of love it nearly hurt to hear it come from her own mouth. Her tail swished in a relaxed, distracted manner as her heart opened to reveal everything she could wish. "If it were a boy, I'd name him Firenze, or maybe Dante...Nari, D'Angelo..." she sighs them like they're reverent, like she's praying, a future of a potential son. But there was so many other possibilities. Gods, what if they had two?

"If it were a girl, I'd name her Paolina, or Xenia, or Temperance...strong names." They were almost all derived from her own language, from the language her and Alleo and Hana spoke. Had Ktulu ever heard her speak it? Huh. She'd never even bothered to think about that. "The names don't matter to me. Il mio bambino...they will be beautiful. Aodaun and Eytan will play with them and protect them, and we can sleep together by the springs. I can teach them everything I know, and we can show them where we first met. We can watch them grow strong, fight us, find love..." realizing she'd gotten carried away, she cleared her throat softly and looked down at her...er...paws. It was so easy to think of her beautiful future child, to get swept away in everything she wanted to do, to experience. Maybe that was why Ktulu had asked the questions in the first place.

Credits
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Week From Hell - by Lakota - 12-21-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Week From Hell - by Ktulu - 12-21-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: Week From Hell - by Random Event - 12-26-2014, 02:26 AM
RE: Week From Hell - by Lakota - 12-26-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: Week From Hell - by Ktulu - 01-02-2015, 07:58 PM
RE: Week From Hell - by Lakota - 01-02-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: Week From Hell - by Ktulu - 01-03-2015, 06:11 PM
RE: Week From Hell - by Lakota - 01-07-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: Week From Hell - by Ktulu - 01-07-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: Week From Hell - by Lakota - 01-09-2015, 01:53 AM