the Rift

null and void [open]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Hissing and spitting, one might think a cat had possessed the dying log on the beach beside them. It was Akaith who observed it, speaking quietly to her bonded, even the log is stronger than the fires of guilt, as the glowing embers were finally squashed by the onslaught of rain. The little queen could use her flame in attempts to revive the flame, but the symbolism of it all seemed to convince her otherwise. Mirage was the rain for Lace's fiery guilt, she relayed, but his mind was stronger and more capable than the silly log, for his mind could heal. The intricate pathways in the bark of the log would forever be twisted, and slowly turn into ash and sand, but Lace's mind would thrive on his newfound freedom from his own prison; dragon and equine alike looked forward to it.

A low warble rumbled from Akaith, she was upon the withers of Mirage in an instant, crooning her pleasure at the turn of events. The queen greeted the white similarly, even giving Lace a gentle 'pat' with her dextrous claws. Friends, she seemed to say, wanting to cement the idea between them. Fajira, she knew, would at least understand the words. Friendship went deeper than simple kinship, for friendship was not defined by species nor bonds of blood. Akaith was glad to make more friends, alongside her bonded. The stallion spoke, appropriate words, the little queen thought, nodding her understanding, just as her bonded gave a small tilt of her tiara in acceptance of them. Of course, then he continued to speak.

It was the reason she was drawn to him. He questioned her, he did not allow himself to be led blindly. He was careful, weary, he looked before he leapt - they were qualities she admired and respected - and also found them infuriating to the point where sometimes she just wanted to shake him. But good spirits were high today, and while he might have previously gotten a rise of anger from her, with the rain beating upon them, she was oddly happy. Happy for the outcome of his plight, happier still to be speaking of the Qian. The laughter was soft, mostly hinted at then actually present. She gave him a very knowing look, before leaning her shoulder against him in an abrupt, playful and subtle shove.

"You think me fragile?" It was posed with kindness in her eyes, play and coyness clear behind the gentle smile that so rarely graced her lips. "All who call themselves Qian are marked with my scent; they call me their Leader and I accept their loyalty and trust. Those who are a part of it trust me because I trust them; and that faith allows them to in turn trust their fellows." What he spoke was somewhat truthful; there would be no Qian without her, but for as long as she lived, there would be a Qian. "The only way the Qian would not exist, I think, would be if my heart ceased to beat, if my lungs ceased to fill, if death consumed me." She mused quietly, wondering morbidly at just what could happen to her beloved Qian should death take her.

"I have faith, however, in my Qian's ability to endure without my immediate presence, while many come to me seeking protection, many more train and learn the many ways in which they can protect their kin. We are a family, Lace, bonded by ties deeper, stronger and more permanent than even blood can offer. If you think that fragile, then we must agree to disagree."

Messages In This Thread
null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-06-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-06-2012, 09:06 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-06-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-07-2012, 01:49 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-07-2012, 02:35 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-07-2012, 08:18 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-07-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-08-2012, 12:54 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-10-2012, 04:43 AM