the Rift

null and void [open]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The mare nodded her agreement to his words. He spoke the truth, of course he did. She could see this, and she was not about to deny it of him. However, the mare was optimistic and also incredibly biased in her stance; the Qian would succeed in earning themselves a herdland, and after that? They would do as Mirage said, they would restore the balance they probably upset, and undoubtedly, they would also be tested, and have to earn the right to their homeland over and over again. Mirage knew the ways of a land that was war-torn and battle weary, and while she did not long to live in that world, she knew how to survive one. And they would survive. They would succeed.

Time passed, onwards, ongoing, never ending. The stallion moved, his warm figure leaving her side to investigate the remnants of the charred, damp log. The little shadow mare watched his muscular form rise tall upon sturdy hindlegs, his frame outlined by the pale highlights of his mane and tail. Without flinching, she watched him crash down upon the log, break it into ruins, with two little dragons upon her back undoubtedly watching also.

You have given him a new lease on life. Akaith's voice murmured in the back of her skull. It was not I, dear one, but Fajira. She is the one who made him face hi inner demons. Just as you have done for me. Affections were paramount through the bond between the queens of shadow and gold that moment, and for a breath, they allowed themselves to simply focus on that happy contentedness to simply, coexist. They watched as the stallion, who stood so forlornly just before, so wasted and tired, deprived of energy his body surely should contain, filled himself with renewed vigour, and metaphorically destroyed those inner demons, or at least, fixed a tighter collar upon them.

The mare hoped, wished with all her heart, that he would be able to truly defeat them. That one day he would not be plagued with guilt, with sorrow of past actions. The past was just that, in the past - the present was as good a time as any to live on and shape one's future in whatever way they desired. That was what Mirage was doing, or trying to do.

Ears pricked up, alert, intent upon what he said then. She smiled, for she adored him, she would freely admit. Admired his need for his thoughts, his time and his consideration. She was drawn to him, attracted to him and the brainpower he boasted. He was a fine stallion, and would make any mare a fine mate - he had the potential to be a leader, if he wanted to, she could see it. He was learned enough, if only he held the passion, the ambition. What had destroyed that within him? The little mare longed to find a way to restore it to him, to give him back his innocence, his faith in the world. He was cynical, but he had legitimate reasons for his cynicism, reasons she respected and therefore only admired him all the more for it.

Angelic tones responded to him, a symphony of honest tones mixed with just the right hint of affectionate laughter and respect. "You will find my patience is unending Lace. I shall call you a friend, whether you wish me to or not, and I shall forever hope you might find it within yourself to call me yours. The Qian is your ally Lace, you need only ask and they shall become your family, too." Smooth, long strides brought her near him again, her maw reached out to tug upon pale strands of his wet mane. "Do not rush yourself, or feel rushed by myself. Do what you feel needs to be done." She was hesitant to leave him now, though it seemed appropriate to do so. And yet, her hooves remained rooted on the sand, her illusionary magic absent still. Perhaps they would wait out the rain together, and simply let the silence of the storm wash over them, through them. Together, they can be cleansed.

Messages In This Thread
null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-06-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-06-2012, 09:06 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-06-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-07-2012, 01:49 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-07-2012, 02:35 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-07-2012, 08:18 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-07-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Mirage - 09-08-2012, 12:54 AM
RE: null and void [open] - by Lace - 09-10-2012, 04:43 AM