the Rift

Revenge & Its Thrills

Solanine Posts: 15
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 5 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
As a creature of wit and habit, Solanine watches with careful eyes as the steel-colored mare approaches. A lowly white Raven trails her pale sister and at some point ascends to the branches of a nearby tree. The Phantom’s hooves are ever-moving, ever ready for the sway of muscle and the slight of breath. She seeks signal of attack and does not miss it when it arrives. Tangere, as Solanine observes, is of heavier stock. Her barrel is rounded, protruding outward over thick legs. She is made not for agility like the Phantom but for power. This is a slight disadvantage for the banded girl but she worries little of her own ability, of her own stamina. She studies as the pale girl dips her head in greeting, watches as her eyes fill with excitement and greed while her opponent remains unfeeling and cautious. With neck still arched, but only loosely so, Solanine rumbles lightly in return. As soon as Tangere rights herself, her face lifted as signal to begin, she rises from both front feet intending to take aim at Solanine’s sculpted face. However, the pale one does not follow through and instead lands to Solanine’s right.

With hooves still waiting and muscles still clenched, the Phantom responds quickly by side-stepping to her left. She throws her head up in order to protect vital body parts from exposure in time to avoid the pale mare’s attempt at her right ear. However, Tangere is still able to lock ready teeth around the soft skin at Solanine’s throatlatch. She rips through the tender skin like a knife through fine silk and the blood pools in place of the unfettered seams. At first adrenaline appears to mask the pain of the attack, but the sensitive skin eventually catches fire and the Phantom screeches long in response. She lunges forward three feet to escape further attack but the pale mare is ruthless and throws her thick hooves into the back of Solanine’s right, front leg. The bones beneath are fragile and Tangere is able to force a sickening crack from within the Phantom’s ankle and it is lifted in favor, despite the circumstances.

Anger breeds heavily with Solanine’s chest and though the right front leg is still unbroken, it seethes with white fire when given weight to bear. But the Phantom is not foolish and knows that she must take advantage of the few moments she is given in order to retaliate. With Tangere hopefully just behind, on her right side, Solanine pleads with the surrounding mountains to give her strength and accuracy. Never before has she relied on anyone other than herself, but the Basin has given her new life and a second chance to seek retribution for past follies. Time seems to slow around her and black eyes search the barren landscape only to find eyes of ice peering back at her. The pale girl’s bird sits beyond in a high branch and the Phantom uses the opportunity to entreat the bond it shares with Tangere.

She smiles wickedly at the creature before gathering her weight and rolling it smoothly into her shoulders. She is quick due to breeding, but when the Phantom leans forward in order to buck toward Tangere’s left breast and shoulder, the pain in her right front leg peels another blood curdling scream from her chest. Her back legs are sent outward, with obvious effort, toward the pale one with her back right, leg being the closest to her opponent. But Solanine cannot be certain Tangere has not shied from her previous position. She hopes not only to alleviate skin from muscle but knock the wind out of the silver mare’s chest. When the Phantom’s back hooves once again find purchase on the frozen ground, a steady throbs begins to trail up her injured leg. At her throat, the blood flows freely and pain licks venomously around the wound, but it pales in comparison to the excruciating pain rendering her front leg tender.

All around, the Basin waits, watching. Solanine has never before had to stand toe-to-toe with an adversary but her excitement is undeniable. She attempts to remain cool and collected as she moves quickly, if not gingerly, forward again in order to arc right in hopes that it will once again place her face to face with Tangere.

Word Count: 800

Attack: 1/3

Summary: Solanine takes the bite to her neck region/throatlatch after throwing her head up to avoid Tangere’s attempt at her ear. She then moves forward, escaping the kicks to her head but is grazed in the back of her front, right leg. In moving forward, she hopes to buck Tangere in the left breast/shoulder area and then arcs around right in order to hopefully face her again.

Comments: I had a little trouble deciphering your attack. I understood the ear bite idea but I didn’t get how you were planning to “bicycle her face”. Solanine did not have her head dipped low… It was arched like this: Link I tried my best to make everything understandable in my response so PM me if something isn’t right or you don’t understand. <3

Solanine

You've been sanctified
image credits

Messages In This Thread
Revenge & Its Thrills - by Solanine - 12-22-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Revenge & Its Thrills - by Tangere - 12-22-2014, 02:50 PM
RE: Revenge & Its Thrills - by Odd - 12-24-2014, 01:57 PM
RE: Revenge & Its Thrills - by Solanine - 12-24-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Revenge & Its Thrills - by Tangere - 01-05-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Revenge & Its Thrills - by Sevin - 01-27-2015, 02:28 AM