the Rift

Revenge & Its Thrills

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo
[ OOC: I left a note on my previous post before reading your response. My apologies for being rusty, I meant that she would be flailing with her front feet, hence the “bicycle” comparison. But it was my fault I think, for being unclear, so I’ll just go along with her kicking out after she bit. Though I hope that doesn’t make two attacks? The rearing up was only supposed to be if the bite didn’t land, but it did…on her throat…so that would mean she didn’t kick at her face with her front legs. A little confusing but I think I can easily just go with the flow <3 Thanks for your patience with me, you’ve been wonderful always ;D ]

@[Solanine]
They were sloppy together – almost as sloppy and terrible as Tangere’s first attack. Her feeble attempts a creativity, at tactic and cunning had nearly failed miserably. Nearly. If it not for Solanine’s matching lack of recent practice (or so it appears), Tangere would have been surely pinned and pushed into a muddy defeat by now; the Basin chose them well for each other.

It isn’t fury or unmanageable viciousness, but excitement as the girls sweat, grunt and jab at each other like a few stallions hungry for the same slit. There is something so delicious about the metallic taste of blood already drying to the corners of her fresh pink lips. She’s happy with her bite even if it missed the ear. The girl flung her head up instead of down, if Tangere had had a moment to ponder she would have thought that odd…but she had no time to ponder. For a small moment, as she blindly kicks away from her spar partner, landing one with a snap to her foreleg – in this flashing moment the silver mare reminds herself that she will indeed heal the wounds of this spar. Do not pity her, a voice tells her, perhaps it is the internal rattle of Phrixus’s communications. She’s stronger than you in many ways. She peers up at him quizzically and he returns no such stare, he is looking at the banded mare’s black eyes against her white mask. If birds could smirk he would have had a treacherous half-grin for her, but instead he did it with his cold blue eyes.

Starving for another bite, she was indeed on the heels of her quick moving partner. Solanine was fluid, rather than chunky, she was silk instead of wool.

Tangere thought it wise to press harder on her and reach out for another grab at her dark flesh. The silk is quick though, so very quick, Tangere cannot catch her. The mud has splattered all over, covering almost every inch of her, spackling her pale body from the under up; her tail dreadlocked with the half-dried clay-mud, her sparse gray mane matching. She has no time to react to Solanine’s sudden flick of her hind feet, luckily only one finds a landing – but the landing is brutal. There is a smack and a pop and Tangere’s front limb simply folds beneath her, there is nothing she can do to stop it. No amount of grace can recover her; she’s forced to just let it happen. It is as though she is above herself, watching as her body crunches into the mud with her tingling dead leg. It is an impossibly good land, just on the tip of her right shoulder, somehow striking the limb with no feeling for a few seconds. Nothing is broken, but something is definitely rocked behind the flesh and fur. She lies there, dazed, blinking those bright honey-chocolate eyes, she finds the blurry form of her opponent, of her surroundings and it seems to awaken her cold blood once again. She rises, bent and sore; she stands on all four feet to face the mare…both are favoring their right front legs, both breathing heavily into one another’s faces.

The raven has taken wing and circles them now, soundless except for the occasional flap of his massive wings. He’s getting bigger and bigger it seems, more like an eagle than a raven, like his ancestors. She notes this at an odd time, but doesn’t let the subject go farther in her mind.

The air is prickly and it’s evident that someone is going to strike soon. The pale mare would prefer it not be Solanine that attacks again and plucks the opportunity ever so smoothly out of the taut air. She plunges like a predator on its pray, mouth agape and snatching for the bridge of the black mare’s tender muzzle. Her power is taken away from her front and tips back onto her strong hind limbs, her throbbing shoulder starting to pinch with pain and swell with heat. She would be satisfied to grab anything in the facial region, really, her body could not take anything more than a primal snap of her dull teeth – perhaps it meant she was defeated or perhaps her partner felt the same.

She could not possibly last much longer, the pain will start to be unbearable soon and she will have to hide away and heal herself…and then heal others. Her mind was already deliriously wandering, she struggles to refocus it, to pin her tunnel vision to whatever it will focus on. She will pursue her biting attack, pushing her left (uninjured shoulder) into her opponents injured one in attempts to make her walk backwards while Tangere bites at her face.

---
Attacks: 2/3

<3: Solanine's attack lands perfectly and Tang takes a hard hit to her right shoulder, making her tumble into the mud and have to sit there for a few seconds while she comes to. Tang musters up some strength and goes in for a bite and some pushing, trying to avoid letting her injured shoulder be touch while pushing towards Sola's injured leg to try and make her fumble. Tang's in rough shape xD

tangere
AND THE DOVE OF HOPE
BEGINS ITS DOWNWARD SLOPE...

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Messages In This Thread
Revenge & Its Thrills - by Solanine - 12-22-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Revenge & Its Thrills - by Tangere - 12-22-2014, 02:50 PM
RE: Revenge & Its Thrills - by Odd - 12-24-2014, 01:57 PM
RE: Revenge & Its Thrills - by Solanine - 12-24-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Revenge & Its Thrills - by Tangere - 01-05-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Revenge & Its Thrills - by Sevin - 01-27-2015, 02:28 AM